Android Add network location is missing
The add network location feature is missing in the list for "browse for new share" in kodi 18.5. https://paste.kodi.tv/wereqobomi
Running on Amazon AFTT with Android 5.1.1 API level 22, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.10.54+

I see the "Add network location" option on my Ubuntu v18.5 application, right at the bottom of the option list. Are you sure it's not there? Just asking...
OK. So just to clarify this is a clean install of Kodi in my fire stick. What I am trying to do is use the Kodi backup add on to restore my Kodi build from my PC. When I try to do that the "add network location" is not on the list. I think it should be there because I have restored my builds in the past that way. I do see the "add network location" listed elsewhere but not there.
(2019-11-21, 03:50)Han Solo Wrote: OK. So just to clarify this is a clean install of Kodi in my fire stick. What I am trying to do is use the Kodi backup add on to restore my Kodi build from my PC. When I try to do that the "add network location" is not on the list. I think it should be there because I have restored my builds in the past that way. I do see the "add network location" listed elsewhere but not there.
Add your network location within file manager. You'll need to specifically add the folder location - no browsing to it - plus username/password. Do it right there, and you'll be able to access this shortcut everywhere else.
(2019-11-23, 03:06)FireInMyHole Wrote:
(2019-11-21, 03:50)Han Solo Wrote: OK. So just to clarify this is a clean install of Kodi in my fire stick. What I am trying to do is use the Kodi backup add on to restore my Kodi build from my PC. When I try to do that the "add network location" is not on the list. I think it should be there because I have restored my builds in the past that way. I do see the "add network location" listed elsewhere but not there.
Add your network location within file manager. You'll need to specifically add the folder location - no browsing to it - plus username/password. Do it right there, and you'll be able to access this shortcut everywhere else. 

Got it. Thanks.
(2019-11-25, 20:18)Han Solo Wrote:
(2019-11-23, 03:06)FireInMyHole Wrote:

Got it. Thanks. 

I am having a similar problem. I cannot get the add-on backup to see the restore folder on my Android devices. My Windows PC allows me to browse to the folder. I have a share on a MyCloud. I can get to the media on it from Kodi, but I cannot browse to it through the backup add-on or even typing the path does no good. I added the path in file manager as you suggested, but my only options are External Storage, NFS, Root filesystem, SD card, SMB, and Zeroconf Browser. None of those options see the setup I created under file manager. SMB is always a struggle.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
I can see "add network location" in the master profile but not in any other profiles.  Is there a specific setting that allows you to see "add network location" for all profiles?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add network location is missing0