TeamViewer and Audio Settings
Apologies if this isn't the correct spot for this inquiry but I wasn't sure where else it might fit and it is Kodi Windows related.

I use Teamviewer (non-commercial) to remote log-in to various Kodi client PCs. All 4 use Windows 10, 2 are AMD based CPU's and the other 2 Intel with Intel HD graphics drivers for MVC MKV 3D playback. The 2 AMD machines don't share any audio from within Kodi during menu scrolling or media playback. From what I can tell the Kodi audio settings are not changed from WASAPI HDMI.

The 2 Intel machines both share the audio from within Kodi and the Kodi audio settings change from WASAPI HDMI to Directsound which kills all advanced audio codec playbacks until manually correcting the audio setting directly on the machine. That's a pain in the butt as both those machines are at friend's homes and they just want Kodi to "work" while I remotely manage their media which requires opening Kodi to make updates and changes.

I have looked for setting within Teamviewer or Windows to not allow Teamviewer to hijack the audio of these machines but thus far haven't found a working solution so I thought I'd post here (or where ever this may end up) and see if anyone else has had any similar experiences with solutions.

Thanks for checking it out.
I use Team Viewer in a similar way on an Intel media centre hosting Kodi using WASAPI and don't see a switch to Direct Sound. Can you explain what you mean by "The 2 Intel machines both share the audio from within Kodi", I thought WASAPI required exclusive access to audio.

Andy
(2019-11-28, 13:28)AndyHenderson Wrote: I use Team Viewer in a similar way on an Intel media centre hosting Kodi using WASAPI and don't see a switch to Direct Sound. Can you explain what you mean by "The 2 Intel machines both share the audio from within Kodi", I thought WASAPI required exclusive access to audio.

Andy

When I remote control either of these Intel based HTPCs from my main PC to do maintenance, if I play any media on those machines, through Kodi of VLC or what ever, I get the audio streamed through my PC speakers. When I do this on my 2 AMD based machines there is no audio at all.

Because the Intel machines are sending my PC audio the audio device those computers "see" is the remote connection and not the WASAPI HDMI connection to the home theaters they are physically connected to and so Kodi changes the audio settings and doesn't recover the proper settings when I close the remote connection. I can confirm this by going into the Kodi system settings and see that on AMD the audio settings haven't changed but on Intel they have and I can't properly change them back. I can change to WASAPI HDMI but the connection seen it the receiver. In person when manually changing the WASAPI HDMI option sees the display device connected through the receiver. 

The 2 AMD are local and I use one daily and one 3-4 times a week so I can manually correct the audio settings if there is an issue, just a pain in my butt but as yet haven't seen this occur. Both of the Intel machines are remote to me so I can't easily correct the audio settings manually and those who actually use the machines aren't known for being techy enough to always check the settings. They just want it to work. And in order to do maintnence on the Kodi libraries or ensure a tweak to the custom skin I run works I have to run Kodi which immediately affects the Kodi audio settings.

I did try to have Windows refuse any audio hijack from communications through a Windows setting last night but haven't heard if that fixed it or not. I'll be checking into that more over the next couple of days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TeamViewer and Audio Settings0