Help for upgrade system and enable 60Hz and HDR
(2019-11-28, 11:35)Klojum Wrote: AFAIK, the HDMI 1.4 standard is indeed limited to 24p for 4K resolution.
The Intel I3-8100 Coffee Lake can do (some) HDR, but HDR in Kodi is still a work-in-progress.

That said, lots of cheaper Android boxes can do 4K60 these days, and the newer Intel/AMD can do 60fps. Nvidia is falling off the bandwagon as far as support for Linux goes, Windows is a question mark for me.
The question also is: how much content (movies, sports) in 4K60 is already or will be available? Most 4K60 videos I see are presentations only, showing what a TV is capable of.
Most movies and tv eps will be 24p for some time to come IMO.

Klojum, many thanks for your reply,
Indeed, all of my movie are in 4K24p. I don't have 4K60p movie. But, when I use Kodi interface, the 60Hz mode is more smooth than the 24Hz. Indeed, I want just to use 60Hz for interface and 24Hz for movie. But it's not a priority.
For HDR, If I understand, the HDMI 1.4 can do. So it's not necessary to buy a HDMI2.0 motherboard or a graphics card. I must just wait for a new stable Libreelec with HDR support right ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help for upgrade system and enable 60Hz and HDR - by polarrys - 2019-11-28, 11:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help for upgrade system and enable 60Hz and HDR0