Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
(2019-08-04, 17:14)dm21912 Wrote: For me, it would not bother me particularly if Bruckners 8th appeared as two discs as I can quickly add both discs to the queue, but I can imagine for others it would be infuriating and would be seen as "a bug" 
Yeap. So far Kodi treats multiple disks as if it was just consequence a physical media limitations and can can be ignored, and historically that was often the case. Suddenly having all those physical media spits having a meaning extra clicks on music choice would not be good. Having such partitioning as optional across all items is a little better but still less than desiable e.g. I have a few boxed sets that I would l like to see split by disc but a lot of other physical splits I don't want to see, what option do I set?

With boxed sets particularly the media split has significance musically. Perhaps we could use the DISCSUBTITLE (TSST) tag to indicate patitioning is required (i.e. is musically relevant). Music split over multiple discs is unlikely to have a subtitle for each (I assume, but am I right??), but if it does matter musically then surely there a relevent subtitle.

Requiring users to simply avoid tagging music with the physical disc number, just extending the tracks, if they don't want to see the music split by that disc is another option, but too user hostile. All that media tagged long ago remains an issue.

User feeback welcome - does your music have DISCSUBTITLES?

Great news @black_eagle Smile If you want to discuss ideas or ask for pointers then start a separate thread and I will try to mentor you best I can. There is always a risk with any time spent on Kodi development that the results will be rejected (actively blocked for some arbitary reason or simply languish unapproved or reviewed), this is true for everything I do even as a team member let alone anyone else. But it is worth the risk (or I am mad to try), just keep a light heart and an open mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by DaveBlake - 2019-08-04, 19:25
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0