Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
(2019-09-04, 22:46)HeresJohnny Wrote: I feel that all of those should be compilations. The original releases were not but the DeLuxe versions hold so much other stuff that the box set is in fact a compilation. However, it's a fundamental flaw of the MB release design structure that the type "Compilation" (or box set, should that ever be added) can be only set at releasegroup level. For a release that wasn't a compilation originally, additional info for re-releases like the Immersion box set can only added through annotations.

I still feel it's fair to think of these box sets as compilations.

They really arent.

The upcoming Abbey Road 50th Anniversary release for instance.

Disc 1 - remastered and remixed album. thats not a compilation, its a remaster of the original album
Disc 2 and 3 - outtakes, demos and rehearsals - it could be argued these two discs are a "compilation" of outtakes etc, 

but anyway, MB rules are clear. If its a remastered album with bonus material its not a compilation. Expecting them to change to one persons idea of what a box set is aint gonna happen Big Grin

And for every person that thinks all box sets are compilations, there is going to be another like me, who thinks that unless its a chronology, biographical collection, of previous released material, akin to a greatest hits package, then its not a compilation Big Grin

but, ultimately, using the compilation tag (being present) as a criteria for box sets isnt going to work because for a lot of people (escpecially those who use MB as the base for their tagging) will not have things marked as compilation. (the only thing I have marked as compilations are various artists releases)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by dm21912 - 2019-09-05, 00:20
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0