Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
(2019-11-18, 22:26)scott967 Wrote: 1.  bBoxedSet is 0 while iDiscTotal is 11
I thought this was supposed to be forced to bBoxedSet 1 when there are 3 or more DISCSUBTITLEs?

Yes, it is supposed to be.  As my test data also includes FLAC files in an artist/album/disc/song format and mine scan in perfectly well, get marked as a box set and have perfectly readable disc titles, I would have to ask how you added that tag and whether your FLAC tags are in Ogg format or not ?  What did you tag them with ?
(2019-11-18, 22:26)scott967 Wrote: 2.  For discs in boxed set, ListItem.DBtype is Album (setting split albums into disks is ON).  Not sure this is a good idea?

Why not ?  It's not like discs need any special handling by a skin as it's all done in core.
(2019-11-18, 22:26)scott967 Wrote: 3.  When displaying discs for the album, ListItem.DiscTitle is null, so the disctitle currently doesn't show up at all on my musicinformation dialog.  Actually, the musicinformation dialog on a disc is the parent album.   It seems to me maybe useful to have a DBType of disc and a discinformation dialog.  The musicinformation dialog for the disc tracklist container(50) shows all tracks of the album,. not just the tracks for the disc.

Even if there are no disc titles, if you have navigate by disc turned ON, core generates a fake disc title for each disc.  Although a disc information dialog might be useful, I'm not totally convinced.  You can see the tracks on a particular disc already and currently there is no additional information to display in a disc information dialog.  I'm not sure what other info could be displayed there to make it useful ?
(2019-11-18, 22:26)scott967 Wrote: 4.  When viewing music window songs for a disc, TotalDisks is 0, but when you open songinformation dialog TotalDisks is set correctly.  In the musicplaylist window, TotalDisks is also set correctly.
5.  For non-boxset single-disc albums music window song view also has TotalDisks 0 while songinformation has TotalDisks 1.  I haven't tried non-boxset multi disc albums.

Yeah, this is a problem in core which @DaveBlake is already aware of.  However, I believe that it is non-trivial to fix.  The root cause is (I think) that some properties do not get set correctly, depending on the path through the musicdatabase.  So in some cases they are set, but in others they aren't.  When I noticed this myself, I added a workaround to my skin by setting a property that gets used later when the listitem is not available.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Messages In This Thread
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by black_eagle - 2019-11-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0