Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
@black_eagle honestly I need reminding if Player.Art(album.XXXX) gets populated where XXXX is any album art type. Song gets thumb (cover) via fallback from album or disc and that lives in Player.Art(thumb), but that fallback is historic and new album art types don't fall back. Disc art (and I mean art per disc and not "discart" art type, which is the art a disc is most likely to have, with thumb/cover the other) is lurking somewhere in the middle. The possibility of multiple discs with different art type X each, and the album also having art type X and it being diferent from all the discs (as can happen with covers in a boxed set) makes life a little more complicated. I'm not sure skinners are aware of that possibility because it is not obvious for discart (which an album isn't going to have a separate image for) , or how best to present the art for them to use.

In principle when playing a song they may also want access to the album art, but when that album has multiple discs then temptation is to make any art specific to the disc that song is on  (cover and discart say) into song art. But then generically we could end up with album.XX1, album.XX2... and XX, for multiple disc albums, and only album.XX for single disc. 

So need to think this through a bit, and keep in sight that disc art and discart are not the same thing!

Messages In This Thread
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by DaveBlake - 2019-11-24, 15:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0