Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
DISCNUMBER and TRACKNUMBER are intrinsically linked internally.  Otherwise for any multiple disc album it is impossible to determine which track belongs to which disc.  This is also the case with boxsets.  Kodi doesn't internally determine which disc a track belongs to by the disc title, it does it by the disc number as not all discs have a subtitle but all discs can have a disc number (even if it's only 1).

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve here.  I think (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that you want to make multiple individual albums into a boxset.  If that's the case then that isn't what this feature was designed to do.  It might be achievable by not using MBID's in your tags and and tagging the discsubtitles of the albums with an 'album - disctitle' type tag and numbering the discs accordingly but that would break individual album navigation and isn't something I could recommend trying.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by black_eagle - 2020-10-07, 10:56
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0