Kodi 19A Ubuntu 18.04 on GT 710 HDMI Flashes and Text Disappears?
For a while now, I had Kodi 18 and now 19 Alpha (using Alpha for now as it seems to have better SMB support for my uses), on my Dell Optiplex 760 PC running Ubuntu 18.04.

While using the VGA Port on the integrated graphics (Intel GMA 4500), Kodi worked excellent in Full Screen & Windowed Mode.

Yet, due to lag of the the Intel Onboard, I decided to swap it for a MSI GT 710 1GB.

I installed the latest NVidia drivers for the card, switched to HDMI, and the card works perfectly with the system so far.

Yet, Kodi has been acting strange ever since.

If I turn off the TV for a while and turn it back on, often Kodi in Windowed Mode will keep flashing like somebody is focusing on the window then minimizing it then focusing, in a loop for about 40 seconds.

The other weirdness is, often text disappears entirely like from the On-Screen Menu or Folder Listings. You will see symbols but text will be gone until you Window then Full Screen then Window Kodi again.

I am not completely sure where to start on this issue as no other program on the system is behaving this way. The only issue MythTV for example has is some lines in the middle of the screen during fast motion on TV recordings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19A Ubuntu 18.04 on GT 710 HDMI Flashes and Text Disappears?0