Can I use a Kodi box as a "Chromecast Audio" too?
Hello, is it possible to have a kodi box connected to the tv (obviously) but also to an old music system (aux output on the box)? 

And use "Spotify connect" (or whatever it is on other platforms) to cast music to the old music system without having to turn on the tv?

So I can use the kodi box for the standard use when watching something but also use it as a "chromecast audio"

Hope I explain what I want correctly, lol

Thanks.
Nudging the topic.

I am using a cheapo S905x box to host and play music from a usb hard drive. Using kore to control playback. Came upon the mi box s review on darko, in which he uses the chromecast for streaming playback.
Any other similar device or os that can function as above?!
I have the following solution:

I have Spotify on my rooted (!) Android tablet / phone.
On the same device I have the app "AirMusic" which allows to send ALL audio which is played on the Android device to a DLNA or Airplay receiver.
My Kodi box (Intel NUC) powers my projector as well as my HiFi equipment, so AirMusic can either send the audio to Kodi (with DLNA feature turned on) or to Squeezelite (player of Logitech Media Server).
Works very well, except that there is always a bit of lag between starting/stopping the audio on the tablet and it actually starting/stopping on the NUC.
chromecast audio is a unicorn.

The device is very close is WIIM or raspberry pi + picoreplayer.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I use a Kodi box as a "Chromecast Audio" too?0