Slow cleaning of LIbrary with "No matching source found" entries
I have two types of video content all in a SMB share from a NAS

1. Ripped DVDs and BluRays in a source folder whose content is added to Library with a scraper as TV Show or Movie
2. Travel videos and home videos that are kept in a separate folder and its source is not added to Library (scraping does not make sense for these). These are never added to Library.

The Library for the first type above works fine and cleaning is fast for items that have been deleted.

But when I watch content from the second type above (from the Video->Files menu traversal), the SMB URLs get added to the database for keeping track of partially watched, etc. I assume this is intentional.

However, if I delete any of the files in the type 2 above and clean, the clean library appears to take a very long time and often just hanging for a while with no output to the log except for lines like

CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://<ip address>/media/video/travel/Italy/Rome2018.mp4]

for items that have been deleted.

After a very long time, it pops up a message with choices of keep or delete with an empty source listed (so, one really doesn't know what they are referring to but from experience these are the above deleted files). Deleting them cleans the database of those URLs.

So, it works except for the inordinate amount of time it takes to clean (Kodi is blocked from use when this is going on) when such items from type 2 exist. And because of that dialog box asking to keep or delete, the cleaning cannot be done silently by a periodic script via json.

Am I doing something wrong in the way I am organizing these two types of content?

Not sure why Kodi should try to search for a source for the type 2 files (although there is a source added in Video->Files EXCEPT that it is marked as not containing anything like a TV Show or movie and the option to not add to library is checked for that source).

Is this a bug or a feature?
Correction: Those entries for the type 2 items (not scraped for content into Library) are NOT getting deleted from the database even when the underlying files have been deleted and in the end dialog delete rather than keep is selected. So this slowdown happens all the time.

Is there a way to clean those entries from the database without doing database maintenance directly with the database or trying to export and import back the library (which is a pain)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow cleaning of LIbrary with "No matching source found" entries0