Nvidia Shield TV pro 2019 Kodi / Plex / PC PROBLEM
Finally got Nvidia shield tv pro 2019 and problems ...
If this is already written please give me the links.
1. In a nutshell, in no way am I able to enable DTS-HD and Atmos audio.
2. I can't connect my Nvidia shield (kodi) on computer to access to the disk

1: I tried everything and no luck
I upgraded Nvidia Shield pro tv 2019 to the latest official version 8.1.0 (32.7.301.32).
Set the sound on the shield to search for audio formats on its own. (KODI doesn't show the a way to turn on the DTS-HD,TRUEHD sound)
Also try on shield settings "Manual: select which formats to use."(KODI doesn't show the a way to turn on the DTS-HD,TRUEHD sound) look on image.

I Install Kodi on shield from Google Play "kodi-18.5-Leia" (KODI doesn't show the a way to turn on the DTS-HD,TRUEHD sound) I Install Kodi from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm64-v8a/
kodi-18.4-Leia
kodi-18.0-Leia
kodi-17.6-Krypton
(KODI doesn't show the a way to turn on the DTS-HD,TRUEHD sound)
I connected pc to the nvidia shield.
Of course I set the way to look at the expert see the picture.
I really don't know what else I can do to make the settings sound on Kodi work...

Now let's move on to point 2.
I can't connect my Nvidia shield (kodi) on computer to access to the disk already tried everything.
SMB/Windows (wiki) used 3 and 3.1.1 point. without connection fails it writes "connection time out" when I set in SMB CLIENT Maximum protocol vesion to SMB1. If set to default then it says "Operation not allowed"
I also tried with these versions of kodi, which are written under item 1. and does not work.
Through other computers to my computer I normally access the network and show me the computers, nominally connect sign up. and password.
I already strongly doubt that there is a problem with nvidia shields 1 and 2. But I can access on the nvidia shield via pc and also Plex works he connect me to the server.
Plex sever and shield has this problem that it doesn't support DTS: X but they will fix this with new update version.
Sorry for my English I hope you understand me.
I ask you for a solution.
(2019-12-11, 12:50)Meretory Wrote: without connection fails it writes "connection time out" when I set in SMB CLIENT Maximum protocol vesion to SMB1. If set to default then it says "Operation not allowed"

What are you trying to connect to via SMBv1? A Windows share or a Plex Server? Or a Plex Server on a Windows machine?
Because Windows with all its updates now defaults to SMBv2 and up, and also network browsing has been disabled.
Sticking to SMBv1 is not recommended.

I'm no audio guru, so others can do some brain crunching on that part.
For TrueHD / DTS-HD:

- Go back to Estuary Skin
- Post an uncut Debug Log - here we exactly see what fails and what not
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch  log file https://paste.kodi.tv

@Klojum  connect nvidia shield (kodi) to my PC win 10.
I changed to SMBv2 and it's "operation not premitted"
Quote:2019-12-11 14:15:31.388 T:18320 NOTICE: m_streamTypes : STREAM_TYPE_AC3,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_CORE,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_1024,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_2048,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_512,STREAM_TYPE_EAC3

Please turn on debug logging, then restart kodi and post the log again, please.

What we see here is not kodi related, but something with your shield / endpoint (hdmi - configuration), though I want to see what we enumerate and what fails in more detail.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch
@Meretory

2019-12-11 14:15:27.933 T:18310 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.xbmchub v3.0.0 installed
2019-12-11 14:15:27.934 T:18310 NOTICE: ADDON: script.tvaddons.debug.log v1.0.9 installed

Please remove the above two entries from your Kodi setup. There is a zerotolerance policy on this forum towards video piracy as per our forum rules (wiki).
@Klojum ok
Quote:2019-12-11 14:37:25.692 T:19972   DEBUG: AESinkAUDIOTrack: Using IEC PT mode: 13

Format is supported, but Shield itself cannot open 192 / 8 with your equipment. Turn everything off, make triple sure ARC is not configured with your AVR - and try again. Nothing we can do.
@fritsch  than you Big Grin audio is solved. I change hdmi cables, I turn everything off. Smile
@Klojum  I delete it. Can you help me with connection kodi to pc.
(2019-12-11, 18:13)Meretory Wrote: Can you help me with connection kodi to pc.

I am not a Windows guru. I do know that your Windows user requires a password on its user account in Windows for SMBv2 access to happen.
After that, use Kodi's "Add network location..." and fill in all credentials for a SMB source, and things should work ™.
it works exactly these instructions solved my problem now i am connected.
To connect your SHIELD to a PC, you will need to:
Enable File Sharing on your PC
Mount network storage on your SHIELD
Enable File Sharing
To access folders from your PC on your local network, you will need to enable file sharing in Windows.  This article has instrutcions on enabling this feature.
Mount networks storage on your SHIELD
On your SHIELD select Settings > Storage & reset > Mount network storage and select your PC from the list.  When complete, your SHIELD will have access to any folders shared to that account.

Not Recommended:  Enabling SMBv1 compatible server on your PC
Due to security reasons, SMBv1 server compatibility has been disabled in recent Windows 10 updates.  To re-enable this protocol, follow these instructions
Control Panel -> Programs and Features ->  Turn Windows feature on/off - > SMB1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support - > Enable  SMB1.0/CIFS server
In “Network and Sharing Center”, click “Change Advanced sharing settings”, turn on network discovery
In “Network and Sharing Center”, click “Change Adapter Settings”, go to NIC Properties\IPv4 Properties\Advenced\Wins tab, select Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
In Services console, ensure Computer Browser and Workstation services are running
Run “regedit” to open Registry Editor, navigate to “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services \Browser\Parameters”, ensure the “MaintainServerList” is set to Yes or Auto
In the same location of registry, ensure that at least one computer in each subnet, has the “IsDomainMaster” REG_SZ key set as True.
Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings - > Click on All Networks and select Turn off password protected sharing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield TV pro 2019 Kodi / Plex / PC PROBLEM0