Amber Background
I would like to change the background picture for my ADD-ONS  folder to the background picture used for the VIDEOS folder.
I have been doing a lot of reading (posts,Wiki) but still have not been able to figure it out. So as I'm new to this i thought it is time to ask for some help.

Thanks in advance

W.
(2019-12-11, 19:41)wort Wrote: I would like to change the background picture for my ADD-ONS  folder to the background picture used for the VIDEOS folder.
I have been doing a lot of reading (posts,Wiki) but still have not been able to figure it out. So as I'm new to this i thought it is time to ask for some help.

Thanks in advance

W.
@wort, you can certainly do that.  What version of Amber are you using, and under which OS?

As I understand your post, the default background that Amber shows for the Videos main menu item is what you want to show for the Add-Ons menu item.  Is this correct?

If this is correct, your post made me realize that I was not providing an easy way to choose one of the backgrounds already provided by the skin.  I just changed that in Git.

If you could please download the latest from Git (http://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber), Leia branch, and overwrite your skin folder with the downloaded files, you can change the background with the instructions below.  If you do not feel comfortable using Git, please wait an hour, I will be uploading a new version of Amber to the Amber repo that will allow you to follow the instructions below.

Instructions:

1. Go to Settings, Amber Settings (Skin Settings), Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves
2. On the left, go to the menu item that you wish to change (in your case, go to Addons)
3. On the right, go down to "Select Background" and press Enter (click if using mouse)
4. Go down to  "Single Image" and press Enter
5. In the resulting "Browse for Image" dialog, the folder "Backrounds" from the skin should be highlighted.  Press Enter
6. Go down to "Videos.jpg" and press Enter
7. This should take you back to the menu configuration dialog.  There you will see that the "Select Background" item now shows "special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg".
8.  You can now go back to the main menu, by pressing Back or Esc.
9. Now your Add-Ons main menu item has the same background as your Videos main menu item.

Please let me know if this answers your question, and don't hesitate to ask for any additional help you might need.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-12-11, 22:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-12-11, 19:41)wort Wrote: I would like to change the background picture for my ADD-ONS  folder to the background picture used for the VIDEOS folder.

Thanks in advance

W.
@wort, you can certainly do that.  What version of Amber are you using, and under which OS?

As I understand your post, the default background that Amber shows for the Videos main menu item is what you want to show for the Add-Ons menu item.  Is this correct?

If this is correct, your post made me realize that I was not providing an easy way to choose one of the backgrounds already provided by the skin.  I just changed that in Git.

If you could please download the latest from Git (http://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber), Leia branch, and overwrite your skin folder with the downloaded files, you can change the background with the instructions below.  If you do not feel comfortable using Git, please wait an hour, I will be uploading a new version of Amber to the Amber repo that will allow you to follow the instructions below.

Instructions:

1. Go to Settings, Amber Settings (Skin Settings), Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves
2. On the left, go to the menu item that you wish to change (in your case, go to Addons)
3. On the right, go down to "Select Background" and press Enter (click if using mouse)
4. Go down to  "Single Image" and press Enter
5. In the resulting "Browse for Image" dialog, the folder "Backrounds" from the skin should be highlighted.  Press Enter
6. Go down to "Videos.jpg" and press Enter
7. This should take you back to the menu configuration dialog.  There you will see that the "Select Background" item now shows "special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg".
8.  You can now go back to the main menu, by pressing Back or Esc.
9. Now your Add-Ons main menu item has the same background as your Videos main menu item.

Please let me know if this answers your question, and don't hesitate to ask for any additional help you might need.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

LibreElec ver. 9.2.0, Amber ver. 3.3.26, Leia ver. 18.5
Yes I would like to have both menu backgrounds the same.
I will do as you have suggested.

Thank you for the reply.
W.
Bart: the only way I could make the change I was looking for was to uninstall Amber,download the Amber Repo and install the skin from there.

Thank you
w.
(2019-12-12, 23:15)wort Wrote: Bart: the only way I could make the change I was looking for was to uninstall Amber,download the Amber Repo and install the skin from there.

Thank you
w.

@wort , thank you for confirming that you were able to make the change you wanted to.  I update the Amber repo a lot more frequently than the Kodi repo.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber Background0