Kodi musics stuttering as background App on fire TV cube but not on fire tv stick
Hello all.  I know that this may not actually be a KODI issue, but I thought I would ask to see if anyone has seen this and knows of a fix.  I have both a fire TV stick 4k and fire TV cube as well as an older fire tv stick as well).  Only on the fire TV cube do I have an issue when I play music in kodi and go to the fireOS interface where the music stutters, slows (like slowing down a record), speeds back up and sometimes plays fine on various screens (home, settings, etc).  On some fireOS screens it plays fine, but most stutter.  When I go back to kodi it returns to normal playing.   On the 1st fire tv cube I had, this also occurred in kodi when the picture screen saver activated.  I returned that Cube and got a new one.  The new cube no longer stutters in kodi with the screen saver, but still stutters in the fireOS.   I do NOT have a problem doing any of this on the fire tv stick 4k (or my old fire tv stick).  The cube has a more memory and speed, so the problem, i guess, has to be a setting or with the hardware in the cube.  Any ideas?

I know you may say, well don't expect good play back when having kodi as a background app.   my answer is 1st, it is annoying to go to fireOS to change setting or just view something and have it sound really annoying, but 2nd, it may show a hardware issue with the cube that may present itself in more of a problematic way in the future.       

Setup:
Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation), fire TV Stick 4k fire tv stick
HDMI to AV receiver.
Music files Flax, OGG and Mp3 from NAS via wifi
Kodi 17.6 and 18.5 (both version tried on cube)

I am not sure if a log would help since it is occurring out side kodi, so let me know if that may help.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
keith
I have fixed that already. Sadly I cannot backport it to official Leia 18.6, as here are the old AMLOGIC workarounds standing in the way .... and the whining party will start right away.

You can try to install that version here and retry: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Please report back with a Debug Log if issue persists. Btw. Shield has exact same problem and works with above fixes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi musics stuttering as background App on fire TV cube but not on fire tv stick0