Trouble sorting a specific artist
I have over 3200 albums in my collection but there is one artist that I just can't get sorted, and that's Ellie Goulding. I have 3 albums from her but no matter how I try I just can't get it in alphabetical order. The 3 albums are:

2011 - Lights, 2013 - Halcyon Days and 2015 - Delirium. The only one that's sorted correctly is "Delirium". I tried removing the NFO files, but nothing gets the proper sort order. I have the sort set in KODI to Artist/Year. I won't normally ask for help with this, but it's driving me crazy. Maybe someone can shed some light on it for me. Big Grin

ImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock
Your sorting looks way more off than that if "Goulding" is followed by "Presley"...
(2019-12-16, 02:27)HeresJohnny Wrote: Your sorting looks way more off than that if "Goulding" is followed by "Presley"...
No, that one is correct. The artist 1st name is "Ellie", then followed by "Elvis". It is the other two that are off. They are in the "G" section of the listing instead of "E".
Want to PM me your DB. If I can't figure it out, I'll pass it onto DaveBlake.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-16, 03:56)Karellen Wrote: Want to PM me your DB. If I can't figure it out, I'll pass it onto DaveBlake.
Thanks! PM sent.

Shedrock
Ok, that was pretty simple. You have a missing ArtistSort tag. Add that in, and it should sort correctly...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-16, 04:38)Karellen Wrote: Ok, that was pretty simple. You have a missing ArtistSort tag. Add that in, and it should sort correctly...

Hmm. I will check that, although I think that album is the one that's sorted correctly, and the other 2 aren't in alphabetical order. Anyway, I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks Karellen.
Update that tag first, and see if it makes a difference. While looking if there may be any other problems, I came across the mother of all problems. I noticed the corruption in your DB. My, my, what have you done here...

Also, can you replicate that in Estuary skin? If yes, can you post a screenshot in list view, as I cannot replicate it with the db you gave me. Make sure I can see the left sideblade settings also.
My Signature
@Karellen - I agree. My music DB looks very chaotic to say the least. This has a lot to do with the SMB path issue under LibreELEC. It works with all the NFO files though. I also created the AIF within the music folder even though I shouldn't, but I really don't have a choice until I buy a new HD and connect it directly to my LE box. Anyway, I will try what you recommended and let you know how it goes.

Thanks Karellen,

Shedrock
(2019-12-16, 04:38)Karellen Wrote: Ok, that was pretty simple. You have a missing ArtistSort tag. Add that in, and it should sort correctly...

Looking at the screenshot you've got that the wrong way round.

(2019-12-16, 02:32)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-12-16, 02:27)HeresJohnny Wrote: Your sorting looks way more off than that if "Goulding" is followed by "Presley"...
No, that one is correct. The artist 1st name is "Ellie", then followed by "Elvis". It is the other two that are off. They are in the "G" section of the listing instead of "E".

So Lights and Halcyon Days appear under G because of the Sort Artist being Goulding, Ellie

Delirium appears under E because there is no Sort Artist so it's under E for Ellie.

So if all 3 albums are wanted under E for Ellie then it's the Sort Artist for Lights and Halcyon Days that needs to be removed.
I re-scanned the albums with MP3 tag but I still have to re-scan them into the music library. I'll do it tomorrow but, I also had to create a 2 disc set for one of the albums. I am quite sure it will work. I shall report back.

Thanks for the help.🙂

Shedrock

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble sorting a specific artist0