Can't connect to mysql DB running on FreeBSD Jail
Hi All,

I have a FreeBSD box running a MYSQL Server in a Jail. I am able to connect to the MYSQL server remotely from this machine, but Kodi will not create the database. Here is the log file:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ixorexevob.kodi
The IP and port are definitely correct. Any help is greatly appreciated
Looks as if Kodi's mysql client is unable to send the password in the required form. You will probably get it to work by using legacy security rather than caching_sha2_password

If you can connect to the server as root then you can try changing the security on the kodi user with something similar to this

ALTER USER 'kodi'@ 'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'password';
Learning Linux the hard way !!
2019-12-17 00:34:30.767 T:12244 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\JonathanChristodoulo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Thumbnails

Looks like MySQL is not your only problem.
(2019-12-17, 15:05)black_eagle Wrote: Looks as if Kodi's mysql client is unable to send the password in the required form. You will probably get it to work by using legacy security rather than caching_sha2_password

If you can connect to the server as root then you can try changing the security on the kodi user with something similar to this

ALTER USER 'kodi'@ 'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'password';

You're a friggin' GOD my guy. FYI for future reference, with MySQL I had use 'kodi'@ 'localhost' and also 'kodi'@'%' to allow remote login. Cheers for the help

(2019-12-17, 15:31)Klojum Wrote: 2019-12-17 00:34:30.767 T:12244 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\JonathanChristodoulo\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Thumbnails

Looks like MySQL is not your only problem.

Yeah man I don't know what's up with that...I even have path substitution switched on so it shouldn't be using that folder:

xml:
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>nfs://192.168.1.85/mnt/Nasuni/Media/KodiThumbs</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't connect to mysql DB running on FreeBSD Jail0