Keep Kodi in front focus and not show the taskbar in Windows 10
I used task scheduler to auto load kodi on startup..

the problem is when it launches I can still see the task bar despite it is launching in full screen mode.
and also changing the setting to hide the task bar

I have also added advancesettings - always on top

From doing some search there is two programs to do this https://kodi.wiki/view/Supplemental_tools/Windows
  • FocusBitch  - Free, a launcher that launches a process (XBMC) and maintains its foreground status.
  • Launcher4Kodi - Free, a Windows launcher that starts Kodi on startup and keeps it in the foregroung, as well as many other tweaks and options.

Also we can change Windows to run kodi as the only shell
but I would not like to do this..

Is there is any other way to do this without requiring running an extra program or changing the shell?
Something is stealing the focus from Kodi, it's either a background task still in process of execution, or something within windows requires the screen. I suggest Launcher4Kodi (wiki) and the associated linked forum thread.
I've tried a bunch of different ways to do this and the most reliable I have found is to put Kodi in a fixed position in the taskbar, say, position 1 and generate the windows key to run it: windows-1 for first position, windows-2 for second position, etc.

This approach has the benefit that you can re-run at any time and it will not try to load a second version of Kodi instead it will bring it to the foreground as you would expect.

Finding a way to generate windows keys without programming is a challenge. I think the Flirc can do it, but I've not found an easy way to do it with a script, although there's some heavy powershell here you could adapt.

Andy
(2019-12-20, 11:44)AndyHenderson Wrote: I've tried a bunch of different ways to do this and the most reliable I have found is to put Kodi in a fixed position in the taskbar, say, position 1 and generate the windows key to run it: windows-1 for first position, windows-2 for second position, etc.

This approach has the benefit that you can re-run at any time and it will not try to load a second version of Kodi instead it will bring it to the foreground as you would expect.

Finding a way to generate windows keys without programming is a challenge. I think the Flirc can do it, but I've not found an easy way to do it with a script, although there's some heavy powershell here you could adapt.

Andy

Missing link is: https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerShell/comm...ss_script/
(2019-12-20, 03:00)PatK Wrote: Something is stealing the focus from Kodi, it's either a background task still in process of execution, or something within windows requires the screen. I suggest Launcher4Kodi (wiki) and the associated linked forum thread.

Launcher4Kodi is not working for me..

I installed it and set it up to correct location of kodi
but it still is not auto launch kodi on startup despite Launcher4Kodi is shown loaded in the taskbar
(2019-12-20, 11:44)AndyHenderson Wrote: I've tried a bunch of different ways to do this and the most reliable I have found is to put Kodi in a fixed position in the taskbar, say, position 1 and generate the windows key to run it: windows-1 for first position, windows-2 for second position, etc.

Andy
I don't understand
can you explain more how to do this like a step by step guide
(2019-12-20, 12:21)madmax2 Wrote:

Andy
I don't understand
Sorry, If you can't cope with the PowerShell, and you don't have a Flirc you're stuck with googling to try to find a way to generate windows keys without extra software.

Andy
(2019-12-20, 12:29)AndyHenderson Wrote:
(2019-12-20, 12:21)madmax2 Wrote:

Andy
I don't understand
Sorry, If you can't cope with the PowerShell, and you don't have a Flirc you're stuck with googling to try to find a way to generate windows keys without extra software.

Andy   

I know how to use powershell...

I just don't understand your method of 
-position 1 and generate the windows key to run it:

I can put the kodi short icon in the taskbar at position 1 etc..
but not sure how to do the second part

can you share your powershell script that you got working with this method?
(2019-12-20, 13:04)madmax2 Wrote:
(2019-12-20, 12:29)AndyHenderson Wrote:
(2019-12-20, 12:21)madmax2 Wrote: I don't understand

Andy    

I know how to use powershell...

I just understand your method of 
-position 1 and generate the windows key to run it:

I can put the kodi short icon in the taskbar at position 1 etc..
but not sure how to do the second part

can you share your powershell script that you got working with this method?  

OK, with Kodi in position 1 in the task bar, you can now press and hold the Windows key then 1 to run Kodi. The procedure will either run Kodi or bring it to the foreground if it is already running. If you left it running full screen you should see it on top of the task bar (I have the task bar set to auto-hide, but I don't think it matters).

So, the trick is to generate the Windows-1 key sequence automatically.

I do that using a small C# program that uses the inputsimulator packge at https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=inputsimulator 

Both inputsimulator and the PowerShell script I linked to above can generate virtual key codes. The Windows key is virtual key VK_LWIN (0x5B).

I use the following C# to generate windows-1:

InputSimulator.SimulateModifiedKeyStroke(VirtualKeyCode.LWIN, VirtualKeyCode.VK_1);

To use the PowerShell, I think you need to generate: windows key down, 1 key down, 1 key up, windows key up - which should work. The script I linked gives you a framework to do that.

Andy
I installed KODI in Windows 10 and tried to use it as a TV box today, also encountered the issue as above, and finally found a way to solve it.
Just using Windows task schedule is enough. Smile

First of all, in "Action"  ----  "Start a program"   ----- "Program/script", please input:
sh:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe
In "Add arguments (option)", please input:
sh:
/c start "" "C:\Program Files\Kodi\kodi.exe"
I had prepared a screenshot for this, but sorry cannot find the way to upload it here.  Sad
I found the way above in this page, Task scheduler Application and Focus, you can click this link for more details.

Secondly, please set the task trigger delay time as a proper value.
"Triggers"   -----   "Begin the task"    -----  "At log  on"
"Triggers"
   -----   "Advanced settings"    -----  "Delay task for"
The delay task for value here, I set it as 10 seconds, it let KODI wait for other applications to start completely. Please find the value which is proper for your computer.

It works OK on my side, now KODI can be started automatically, covering all taskbars.
Hope this helps, if I can find the way to upload the screenshot, that'll be much easier to show.
(2020-09-28, 12:47)xuanguang Wrote: I installed KODI in Windows 10 and tried to use it as a TV box today, also encountered the issue as above, and finally found a way to solve it.

First of all, in "Action"  ----  "Start a program"   ----- "Program/script", please input:
sh:
sh:
I had prepared a screenshot for this, but sorry cannot find the way to upload it here.  Sad
I found the way above in this page, Task scheduler Application and Focus, you can click this link for more details.

"Triggers"
The delay task for value here, I set it as 10 seconds, it let KODI wait for other applications to start completely. Please find the value which is proper for your computer.

It works OK on my side, now KODI can be started automatically, covering all taskbars.
Hope this helps, if I can find the way to upload the screenshot, that'll be much easier to show.
upload to imgur
and post the link here
Smile 
(2020-09-28, 14:00)madmax2 Wrote:
(2020-09-28, 12:47)xuanguang Wrote: I installed KODI in Windows 10 and tried to use it as a TV box today, also encountered the issue as above, and finally found a way to solve it.

sh:
sh:

"Triggers"

upload to imgur
and post the link here
Thanks for your suggestion, seems not easy to connect "https://imgur.com/" on my side.
I think it is also clear without a screenshot  Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keep Kodi in front focus and not show the taskbar in Windows 100