Any way to have it resume after scraping fails?
I'd say the majority of time when I turn on the tv and switch to Kodi, there is a message on the screen saying "Can't download information, unable to connect to remote server, continue scanning?" 

I can hit Yes or No and everything is fine, scraping will resume or not depending on what I chose. The problem is that as long as that message is up, which could be 24 hours, my Library Auto Update is not running and thus nothing is being scraped. So when I turn on the TV, none of the shows I've downloaded overnight are in my library ready to be watched. 

Is there a way to have Kodi get back on schedule with my autoupdates after one of these errors, not requiring manual input?

This is on Rpi3 running Librelec, but I've had the same problem with OSMC, on Windows, etc. The errors come when the scraper hits different files -- i.e. it's not the same file that brings it to a halt every time. Here is one example:
Quote:2019-12-18 02:00:55.533 T:1337971584   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6)
2019-12-18 02:00:55.533 T:1337971584   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for https://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_...anguage=en:
2019-12-18 02:00:55.534 T:1337971584   ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
2019-12-18 02:02:08.048 T:1936989616  NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections
(2019-12-20, 16:37)jubilex Wrote: I can hit Yes or No and everything is fine, scraping will resume or not depending on what I chose.
Is there a way to have Kodi get back on schedule with my autoupdates after one of these errors, not requiring manual input?
Yes and no.
There is no autoresume at a certain point. Scraping will always go from start to finish.
But you can have Kodi ignore errors. Not ideal, but it's something.

xml:

<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors> <!-- Set to true to silently ignore errors while scanning videos. This prevents the error dialogue box, so you don't have to keep hitting "yes" to keep scanning.-->
</videoscanner>
(2019-12-20, 16:49)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-12-20, 16:37)jubilex Wrote: I can hit Yes or No and everything is fine, scraping will resume or not depending on what I chose.
Yes and no.
There is no autoresume at a certain point. Scraping will always go from start to finish.
But you can have Kodi ignore errors. Not ideal, but it's something.

xml:

<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors> <!-- Set to true to silently ignore errors while scanning videos. This prevents the error dialogue box, so you don't have to keep hitting "yes" to keep scanning.-->
</videoscanner>

Thank you! That seems perfect. I don't need it to resume where it left off, starting over is fine. I just don't want it sitting there for 18 hours not scanning the overnight downloads.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to have it resume after scraping fails?0