(Kodi Android) Windows shares user name only excepts first 5 characters?
Hello,

Does anyone know why when entering your Microsoft account details in Kodi on Android devices to access your windows shares it will not accept the full email address and instead it will only except the first 5 characters. 

Like for example if my email address was [email protected] I would have to enter ilove in order to see my shares.

This only seems to be a "Kodi" issue on any Android device.

I am able to use my full e mail address to see my windows shares with other apps like MiXplorer on android and File Browser on IOS and of course Kodi on Windows 10.

Now I noticed in Windows 10 under the "Users" folder it does show only the first 5 characters instead of my Microsoft account e mail address.

So it would seem that for what ever reason Kodi on Android only uses the same first 5 characters that is listed on the users folder in Windows 10.

Besides just be curious as to why it is this way I created this topic because I bet a lot of users be sides me have run into this issue. In my case it took hours to figure out why Kodi would not accept my full e mail address.

Can this be changed in a future build of Kodi for android so it will except the full e mail address when setting up your windows shares?

And if not may I ask why?

Also if this can not be changed on android version of Kodi do you know if it would be possible to make Windows 10 use your full e mail account name on the "Users" folder instead of just showing the 5 characters.

This issue can really make users go nuts when setting up windows shares on android version of kodi as a lot of users like me most likely expect to have to enter their full e mail address for the user name.

Thanks for your time Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Kodi Android) Windows shares user name only excepts first 5 characters?0