Movie Outline instead of Movie Plot
I have been searching for a solution to this but can't seem to find it. All I want is a brief outline to show instead of the full movie plot where it shows the plot for movies, like what shows in IMDB above the actors. I don't want spoilers to movies.

I found this thread from 2015, this from 2016 (which is where the image below is from), and this from the Wiki. The threads describe exactly what I want to do and the Wiki thread just confuses me and I don't think it has the answer I am looking for.

I have:

Kodi 18.5
Estuary Skin
Using The Movie Database & Universal Movie Scraper as Scrapers

I have messed with all the settings trying to get it to work, and it's not changing from the full movie plot.

The 2nd link is wrong, here is the correct one:
(2019-12-25, 04:47)iCraft Wrote: nd this from the Wiki. The threads describe exactly what I want to do and the Wiki thread just confuses me
Yep. That wiki page does not apply to what you are trying to do. That wiki page describes how to import offline information into the database, and will only be useful if you don't have the brief outline imported into the library.

What you want is to modify the skin to change what is displayed.

I'll move you to the Estuary forum, as you are in the wrong area.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-25, 05:01)Karellen Wrote: What you want is to modify the skin to change what is displayed.

I'll move you to the Estuary forum, as you are in the wrong area. 
Ok, thank you, I assume modifying the skin would mean I need to change a few lines in a file somewhere but I have no clue of how to go about finding it.
ListItem.PlotOutline

C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary

Variables.xml
xml:

<variable name="ShiftRightTextBoxVar">
        <value condition="Window.IsActive(pictures)">$INFO[ListItem.Size,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[289]:  [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.PictureAperture,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[21826]:  [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.PictureFocalLen,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[21827]:  [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.PictureExpTime,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[21830]:  [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Date,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[552]:  [/COLOR],[CR]]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(listitem.dbtype,artist)">$INFO[ListItem.Property(artist_description)]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(listitem.dbtype,album)">$INFO[ListItem.Property(album_description)]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
    </variable>

last line  <value>$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Outline instead of Movie Plot0