KODI Pause & timeshift on LiveTV - strange behavoiur across platforms.
Yes I Know, yet another thread on the subject sorry.
But there are lot of misinformation and contradiction about this subject.
I have read most of the old threads and what can be searched on google.

I have run KODI since the days of XBMC on Xbox.
The last 10 years or so my primary device is a Mac Mini Server + Harmony One Remote. The best setup ever in my opinion,

I recently installed an Emby server on my Debian 9 xeon server, with premium to share the live TV channels from a new 4 ch. HDhomeBox
It works fine.

The Emby app works well and I can schedule Recordings and pause live tv and do time-shift. The web interface also works...but...its not as nice as running it through KODI on my primary system!

I have also loaded the stable repository.emby.kodi-1.0.6.zip from Kodi.emby.media and installed the EMBY addon of varoius KODI platforms.

I have testet on
My main system:
OSX catalina.KODI 18.5 - Live TV pause and time-shift is NOT working. The pause button is missing , and there is no response on pause key!

And just for test
Debian 9 with KODI 17.6- Live TV pause and time-shift is working fine!
(why on earth are the Debian guys not update the KODI  repo...WTAF. This also means no PVR clients could be installed on Debian ;O(

Android tablet. KODI 18.5 - Live TV pause and time-shift is NOT working. The pause button is missing , and no response on pause key
Windows 10 KODI 18.5- Live TV pause and time-shift is NOT working. The pause button is missing and no response on pause key

There are some debate if the pause buttons was just remove from the default skin, but its present for Linux and I have tested other skins as well.

The pause / time-shift feature is the absolutely no. 1 reason to watch Live TV on KODI ---with any backned...Nestpwr or Emby etc.

It makes a huge difference compared to standard flow-TV, and makes watching something Live somewhat bearable for someone used to the powers of a media center.

Why is the "pause" feature missing on the MAC version of KODI ...and the other platforms?

I have also testet NextPVR .and YES I have ENABLED the time-shift under settings.
On the MAC, it reloads the plugin and then states that the time-shift feature has been disabled, without further explanation?

I have also instaled TVheadend ona debian 9 + the addpn for KODI. Again..no pause or time-shift.

I have alså tested with last stable 17.6, the latest nighties and dev developemnt

All test are negative...no pause on MAC!

Please can someone explain what is going on with the pause / time-shift feature.....its driving me nuts.

Thanks.
(2019-12-26, 18:21)requa3r0 Wrote: Yes I Know, yet another thread on the subject sorry.
But there are lot of misinformation and contradiction about this subject.
I have read most of the old threads and what can be searched on google.

I have run KODI since the days of XBMC on Xbox.
The last 10 years or so my primary device is a Mac Mini Server + Harmony One Remote. The best setup ever in my opinion,

I recently installed an Emby server on my Debian 9 xeon server, with premium to share the live TV channels from a new 4 ch. HDhomeBox
It works fine.

The Emby app works well and I can schedule Recordings and pause live tv and do time-shift. The web interface also works...but...its not as nice as running it through KODI on my primary system!

I have also loaded the stable repository.emby.kodi-1.0.6.zip from Kodi.emby.media and installed the EMBY addon of varoius KODI platforms.

I have testet on
My main system:
OSX catalina.KODI 18.5 - Live TV pause and time-shift is NOT working. The pause button is missing , and there is no response on pause key!

And just for test
Debian 9 with KODI 17.6- Live TV pause and time-shift is working fine!
(why on earth are the Debian guys not update the KODI  repo...WTAF. This also means no PVR clients could be installed on Debian ;O(

Android tablet. KODI 18.5 - Live TV pause and time-shift is NOT working. The pause button is missing , and no response on pause key
Windows 10 KODI 18.5- Live TV pause and time-shift is NOT working. The pause button is missing and no response on pause key

There are some debate if the pause buttons was just remove from the default skin, but its present for Linux and I have tested other skins as well.

The pause / time-shift feature is the absolutely no. 1 reason to watch Live TV on KODI ---with any backned...Nestpwr or Emby etc.

It makes a huge difference compared to standard flow-TV, and makes watching something Live somewhat bearable for someone used to the powers of a media center.

Why is the "pause" feature missing on the MAC version of KODI ...and the other platforms?

I have also testet NextPVR .and YES I have ENABLED the time-shift under settings.
On the MAC, it reloads the plugin and then states that the time-shift feature has been disabled, without further explanation?

I have also instaled TVheadend ona debian 9 + the addpn for KODI. Again..no pause or time-shift.

I have alså tested with last stable 17.6, the latest nighties and dev developemnt

All test are negative...no pause on MAC!

Please can someone explain what is going on with the pause / time-shift feature.....its driving me nuts.

Thanks.
After having googled the problem further, i was able to identify the problem with timeshift on Tvheadend
Its not enabled by default.

I had to go to Recording Tab - Then Subtab - Timeshift

Here i had to enable and set the path.

As shown here: https://tvheadend.readthedocs.io/en/late...timeshift/

Not i have pause on live tv on my MAC ...problem solved.

To bad timeshift is not enabled on Emby live TV with the emby addon.
It would have been less complicated, since its already a full liveTV backend .
Timeshift is controlled, and therefore implemented, by add-ons now. This is the case for binary add-ons (ie tvheadend, etc).
I'm assuming emby is a python add-on, but I'd assume it would be the same case that it needs to be implemented by the add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI Pause & timeshift on LiveTV - strange behavoiur across platforms.0