Kodi profiles - Separate is not separate
(2021-01-14, 16:15)DarrenHill Wrote: It depends a little on how it's set up.

If you have it to always boot directly into a particular profile, then only that profile will be loaded and its settings applied.

But if you use the menu to select the profile to load, then that menu runs under the master profile. So if you have information/settings in that, those are loaded at that point and then when you select the new profile that one is loaded over the top of it. So if there are settings that are in the master but not the other profile (for example MySQL (wiki) settings) then those are applied even under the other profile.

Basically what will happen in that scenario is the master profile is loaded, then the other profile is loaded over the top. For any setting that's in both profiles, the other profile one will be used (it will overwrite the one in the master profile), but anything that's in only one of the profiles will also be used.

So if you are going to use profiles, it's strongly recommended either to not have anything in the master profile at all, or at the very least to only have settings there that you want applied to all profiles that are used.

I guess I have to make a back up of all my settings.
Wipe Kodi and reinstall
Directly add a new profile and import my old backup to that profile
Then make a second profile and set that up the way I want it.

Thanks for the help Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi profiles - Separate is not separate - by Jellax - 2021-01-14, 23:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi profiles - Separate is not separate0