RFC: PVR EPG tag "First Aired" value showing up incorrectly in GUI
Repeat indicator is something my addon does, a couple users requested it.  It's just a simple "[R]" appended to the episode title.  I was just pointing out that the NEW indicator is much nicer and allowed me to remove that function from the Matrix build.  My way was a hack, I wouldn't have suggested it be a Kodi feature.

I think the disconnect came in here because I had asked Martin to look at the PR before it was submitted, and that version had the additional EPG_TAG_FLAGs, one of which was "EPG_TAG_FLAG_IS_REPEAT_EPISODE".  All but IS_NEW (without _EPISODE) were removed prior to submitting it.

Didn't mean to cause anyone to get riled up Smile I'll go bother Fuzzard Smile
Ok sorry now I understand.   I didn't know you added the R I thought you mean adding the repeat indicator to the EPG in addition to all the New Flags would be cheesey so I thought I was agreeing with you.  Certainly no offense was intended

This discussion all started with me when I asked NextPVR users if I should add (N) for shows to serve the reverse purpose which is more in keeping with the NextPVR option to record only new show.  I am grateful for the work that ksooo did moving it forward  and your work improving it.  I am just hoping we can make it even more useful, and match all the other PVR apps that I know of and I am looking forward to your PR so I can attempt mine.

Martin
(2020-01-16, 00:38)emveepee Wrote: Sorry I was not talking about any existing work.  Some EPG source have an indicator for repeats or reruns,  to me showing that flag is implied.  Is there already a flag for this the EPG I am not aware of?   

To me the point of an RFC thread is discussion, before starting the PR.  I am happy to start but I am hesitant until djp952's PR is approved to fix the base problem.

Martin

My apologies. I misread your post and thought you were talking about the icon we currently use to indicate that a programme will be recorded as part of a series recording.

Consider djp952's PR approved. There are just minors to sort out, like EPG database migration.
All three of us where discussing a different issue.  Internet communication is difficult topic and patience is the key we all trying to make Kodi better. I will work on it it but won't bother any submission until after PR 16485. 

Beside you have no need to apologise I did inadvertently criticize djp952 so I should be more moderate with my terms.

Martin.
Please delete

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RFC: PVR EPG tag "First Aired" value showing up incorrectly in GUI0