inputstream.adaptive -- crasking on Win10, kodi 18.5 on 4K TV
Hi all, so having issues with crashes with both Amazon VOD and Netflix on my large TV. The Kodi setup works great on my desktop PC and smaller (720p) TV upstairs (all running Win10). However, for some reason it crashes on my larger 4K TV. ANy thoughts? Logs are here https://paste.kodi.tv/jolalefuri.kodi. I have tried varying options, uninstall/reinstall, etc. I am assuming its inputstream.adaptive byt maybe not? Everything else in Kodi works fine. I'll keep digging as I have time but any pointers would be much appreciated.
Before going anywhere the repo

Code:
2020-01-10 20:53:01.674 T:7024  NOTICE: ADDON: repository.xbmchub v3.0.0 installed

is a banned addon (wiki) here and must be removed before your device is eligible for any support here. As there doesn't appear to be anything else nasty installed from it, please get rid of it before anyone can consider assisting you here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-11, 10:18)DarrenHill Wrote: Before going anywhere the repo
Code:
2020-01-10 20:53:01.674 T:7024 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.xbmchub v3.0.0 installed

is a banned addon (wiki) here and must be removed before your device is eligible for any support here. As there doesn't appear to be anything else nasty installed from it, please get rid of it before anyone can consider assisting you here. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I generally am careful about non-Kodi repositories. I think I got that for YouMusic in my attempt to get a decent set of music video apps. Removed the repository and youmusic (its only Youtube anyhow). I have a few others in there but hopefully they are all ok (although I see 'Sandman' as a banned repository and I have sandmann76 for Amazon VOD. Is this the same banned repository? I see threads on Amazon VOD in kodi so I am not sure. Will repost the log once I have a few moments to rerun on my basement kodi.

In the meantime a few other things I tired to narrow this down:

- Build a clean Kodi with JUST Netflix and inputstream plugins. Same issue.
- Happens with both Netflix and Amazon VOD.
- Tried a different monitor. Same issue. Also tried lower resolutions on screen. Same issue.
- What I see is the screen go black (almost like its trying to reconfigure the screen somehow) -- then it crashes. The entire screen goes black, even when Kodi is a small window and not full screen.
- The system is an Intel NUC but I have a slightly older one upstairs which works fine. I am wondering if there are some off drivers getting in the way?

Just documenting this here for now. Will repost the logs a bit later to show removal of repository and latest errors -- seems to be consistent in the logs at least.
No, Sandmann76 is fine and valid.

If you upload logs to paste.kodi.tv, once saved any banned addons or repos are automatically highlighted in orange in the list within the log.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-12, 17:11)DarrenHill Wrote: No, Sandmann76 is fine and valid.

If you upload logs to paste.kodi.tv, once saved any banned addons or repos are automatically highlighted in orange in the list within the log.

Ok, so log for crash is here for my full build (all plugins etc but no more banned repositories): https://paste.kodi.tv/jaxutavuyi.kodi

But for easier debug, I created a clean install of Kodi and that log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/vexujifexu.kodi

I really have no idea where to start. So pointers/thoughts most welcome.

Cheers, Tony.
(2020-01-14, 02:13)twiseva Wrote: I really have no idea where to start. So pointers/thoughts most welcome.

Cheers, Tony. 

1. How is the monitor connected? over HDMI or DP. If HDMI drop screen refresh rate to 30Hz because of HDMI1.4
2. Try with VP9 profile disabled in Netflix addon
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
1. How is the monitor connected? over HDMI or DP. If HDMI drop screen refresh rate to 30Hz because of HDMI1.4

So it's HDMI via an amp to TV. I have tried direct to TV and same so I am assuming the amp is a non factor. I reduced to 30hZ via system display whitelist option. Didn't help.

Unfortunately also didn't help.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try a few more hardware switches to see if it helps ...
(2020-01-15, 03:30)twiseva Wrote: 1. How is the monitor connected? over HDMI or DP. If HDMI drop screen refresh rate to 30Hz because of HDMI1.4

So it's HDMI via an amp to TV. I have tried direct to TV and same so I am assuming the amp is a non factor. I reduced to 30hZ via system display whitelist option. Didn't help.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try a few more hardware switches to see if it helps ...

So, tried a few more switches of hardware to try and reduce where the issue might be:

The older kodi box that works is a NUC running a 5th generation intel i3. It works on my large 4K TV AND the old 720p TV. No issues. It IS running at 30hz refresh rate.
The newer one is running an Intel 7th gen 5i. Crashes on all TVs/Monitors I try it on. It generally runs at 60Hz but reduced to 30hz also fails.
Both of the above are over HDMI.

I also have kodi on a new Dell XPS and it streams with no issues on its PC monitor (at 60hz refresh rate) PLUS on a really OLD PC against a 1080p TV. Also running fine. Both of these are DVI.

So I guess something with the newer NUC?
(2020-01-15, 04:59)twiseva Wrote:
(2020-01-15, 03:30)twiseva Wrote: 1. How is the monitor connected? over HDMI or DP. If HDMI drop screen refresh rate to 30Hz because of HDMI1.4

So, tried a few more switches of hardware to try and reduce where the issue might be:

The older kodi box that works is a NUC running a 5th generation intel i3. It works on my large 4K TV AND the old 720p TV. No issues. It IS running at 30hz refresh rate.
The newer one is running an Intel 7th gen 5i. Crashes on all TVs/Monitors I try it on. It generally runs at 60Hz but reduced to 30hz also fails.

I also have kodi on a new Dell XPS and it streams with no issues on its PC monitor (at 60hz refresh rate) PLUS on a really OLD PC against a 1080p TV. Also running fine. Both of these are DVI.

The issue is 4K at 60Hz. It is only supported over HDMI2.0 and your 7th Gen Kabylake processor only support upto HDMI1.4
720p, 1080p at 60Hz will work on HDMI 1.3 or above and DVI no issues there

Are you sure you have setup the new intel nuc to work at 4K 30Hz at Windows level using the Intel graphics tool?
Also have a read on this article to see if there is a HDMI f/w update for your model of NUC
Code:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024118/intel-nuc/intel-nuc-kits.html
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2020-01-16, 00:04)gujal Wrote:
(2020-01-15, 04:59)twiseva Wrote:

The issue is 4K at 60Hz. It is only supported over HDMI2.0 and your 7th Gen Kabylake processor only support upto HDMI1.4
720p, 1080p at 60Hz will work on HDMI 1.3 or above and DVI no issues there

Are you sure you have setup the new intel nuc to work at 4K 30Hz at Windows level using the Intel graphics tool?
Also have a read on this article to see if there is a HDMI f/w update for your model of NUC
Code:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024118/intel-nuc/intel-nuc-kits.html
Thanks @gujal for the help and direction.

Ok, so none of this seems to help. So I am suspecting something else. Here is what I did to no avail:
- Updated all drivers, including BIOS.
- Updated per link above the HDMI drivers.
- Reduced refresh to 30 Hz via Intel systems app (Had Kodi also running in debug and saw the refresh rate about 30 hz).
- Had a direct to TV HDMI cable (to bypass Amp).
- Did it on CLEAN Kodi.
- Both Netflix and Amazon behave the same.

Another reason I think this might not be the reason (or at least is not the current reason) -- that NUC/Kodi behaves the SAME on smaller screens (720 and 1080). It is odd that my older NUC which runs at 30Hz works fine on the large TV but the newer one does not.

Interestingly, 1 show plays on Amazon. Some 7 minute marketing show that is the first in 'All Movies'. Nothing else I tried will. Either in Amazon or Netflix. Could this simply be a defect related to 4K on Kodi/Plugins?
I reckon, it points to your TV not doing proper HDCP for the Widevine DRM protected streams.
As in your log the EDID only shows
Code:
NOTICE: Primary mode: Generic PnP Monitor #1: 3840x2160 @ 59.94Hz
and no actual TV name and model. What is the make and model of your TV.
4K30 works fine with Kodi 18 on my Intel 6th gen based motherboard.
I installed a nVidia1030 and disabled the onboard intel graphics so that I could use HDMI2.0 interface on the nVidia1030 and now I can play 4K60 non DRM videos (unfortunately Netflix 4K support is only on Intel)
I am using a Panasonic 4K TV with a 4K passthru Panasonic 3.1 Soundbar and everything works fine, so I can certainly say Kodi18 is not the issue
(2020-01-17, 11:00)gujal Wrote: I reckon, it points to your TV not doing proper HDCP for the Widevine DRM protected streams.
As in your log the EDID only shows
Code:
NOTICE: Primary mode: Generic PnP Monitor #1: 3840x2160 @ 59.94Hz
and no actual TV name and model. What is the make and model of your TV.
4K30 works fine with Kodi 18 on my Intel 6th gen based motherboard.
I installed a nVidia1030 and disabled the onboard intel graphics so that I could use HDMI2.0 interface on the nVidia1030 and now I can play 4K60 non DRM videos (unfortunately Netflix 4K support is only on Intel)
I am using a Panasonic 4K TV with a 4K passthru Panasonic 3.1 Soundbar and everything works fine, so I can certainly say Kodi18 is not the issue 
Yeah, I think you are probably right -- although I think its that actual NUC or Win10 as this NUC does not work with streaming on ANY of my TVs which all my other Kodis do fine. I'll dig around the drivers etc for the NUC to see what's there and maybe find the underlying issue here.

The 4K TV is actually a Samsung. I also have a 1080 Samsung and an older Panasonic 720. 

And thanks again for all the pointers ...
Ok, so good streaming to work finally. Seens like the windows Intel drivers were corrupt. A reinstall fixed the issue.

Now I have screen flickering periodically. A step forward ... !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
inputstream.adaptive -- crasking on Win10, kodi 18.5 on 4K TV0