Noob's question on Movie Sets
Hi all,
I'm just starting with TinyMediaManager (3.1.2) so pardon me if the questions are dumb. I'm very confused about these:
  1. The Movie Sets feature: what does it do exactly ?
  2. The ${movieSet.title} token: it seems to be always empty for me
  3. I was expecting something like ${movieIndexInSet} but I can't find it.
One thing I can't figure out to do with the (movie) renamer is:
- if single movie, then no folder to be created
- if movie set, create folder with the name of the set and put the movies in the folder, with a name containing the index of the movie in the folder

Something like:

The Chronicles of Narnia\
   The Chronicles of Narnia 1 - Prince Caspian (2008) 1080p DTS [fra, eng]
   The Chronicles of Narnia 2 - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005) 1080p DTS [eng, fra]
   The Chronicles of Narnia 3 - The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) 1080p AC3 [fra, eng]

Is there an automated way to do this with TinyMediaManager ?
(2020-01-18, 03:08)HornetMaX Wrote: Hi all,
I'm just starting with TinyMediaManager (3.1.2) so pardon me if the questions are dumb. I'm very confused about these:
  1. The Movie Sets feature: what does it do exactly ?
  2. The ${movieSet.title} token: it seems to be always empty for me
  3. I was expecting something like ${movieIndexInSet} but I can't find it.
One thing I can't figure out to do with the (movie) renamer is:
- if single movie, then no folder to be created
- if movie set, create folder with the name of the set and put the movies in the folder, with a name containing the index of the movie in the folder

Something like:

The Chronicles of Narnia 1 - Prince Caspian (2008) 1080p DTS [fra, eng]
   The Chronicles of Narnia 2 - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005) 1080p DTS [eng, fra]
   The Chronicles of Narnia 3 - The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) 1080p AC3 [fra, eng]

Is there an automated way to do this with TinyMediaManager ?   
The way it's normally done is, a movie folder contains, it's movie, extras, surtitles, posters, etc....

The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian (2008) 1080p DTS [fra, eng].mkv
   The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian (2008) 1080p DTS [fra, eng].eng.srt
   The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian (2008) 1080p DTS [fra, eng]-posster.jpg

etc..

movie-sets then point to each movie folder to create a set.
Each movie is attached to a movie-set  (I use the TAG field myself because all my movies belong to more then one movie set, lot of manual work to do this)
@HornetMaX i am not sure if in your example you want the separate folders for each movie within the movieset folder (nested), or just all movies together in the movieset folder (flat). I am able to do the latter only by just using ${movieSet.title} - But I wouldn't recommend doing this Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob's question on Movie Sets0