Struggling with UHD 10-bit content from home server
Hello!

I have recently dived into the world of home streaming, and have completely set up my home server (running unraid) to be able to handle it. Full HD content has been very enjoyable, but after I had streamed a short clip of UHD footage to my TV I was blown away. Since then I have been collecting UHD movies on my server but I have been having trouble streaming to my Philips Android TV running Kodi. 

From time to time the 4K video will pause and load for a few seconds. Sometimes im able to properly stream without pauses for 10 minutes, but most of the time it will pause every 2-5 minutes. I am at this point fairly confident the problem isnt with my home server (ill list the specs below), since when streaming to my laptop over AFP im not experiencing any issues. I normally used smb to stream video to Kodi, but I gave NFS a shot aswell. Unfortunately this did not help.

The TV which is running Kodi it connected through ethernet and does not show a significant improvement over wifi. Does anyone have any ideas how I could fix this? Its horrible to not be able to use Kodi to watch this amazing content...

Thanks in advance!

unraid:
Ryzen 3 2200G
8GB DDR4
2x 1Gbit NIC
1x 240GB WD SSD
2x 2TB WD HDD
(2020-01-20, 22:17)thom628 Wrote: Sometimes im able to properly stream without pauses for 10 minutes, but most of the time it will pause every 2-5 minutes

Kodi produces its own log file, which can reveal specific problems.
Try enabling debugging in the Kodi GUI, restart Kodi, then produce the problem(s) at hand, and provide a full debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website.
(2020-01-20, 22:30)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-01-20, 22:17)thom628 Wrote: Sometimes im able to properly stream without pauses for 10 minutes, but most of the time it will pause every 2-5 minutes

Kodi produces its own log file, which can reveal specific problems.
Try enabling debugging in the Kodi GUI, restart Kodi, then produce the problem(s) at hand, and provide a full debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website. 
I will try get the log asap, thanks
Here is the debug log: 
http://paste.kodi.tv/anutitafed.kodi

I have only removed personal data from the log (IP address + the names of the movies etc)

Thanks in advance!
On a phone so can't check log easily.

Does the Philips TV come with it's own media player app to try? or perhaps install VLC to try, as I'm wondering if it could the network connection on the TV since they are mostly 100M ports and can be crap implementations not designed for high bit rates. Perhaps try sticking one of the movies onto a usb stick and connect that direct to TV to see how that performs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Struggling with UHD 10-bit content from home server0