Kodi users, do you actually use Kodi to browse your image collection? Experiences ple
I mainly use the Pictures slideshow screensaver to actually view the photos (when the kodi system is on pause or simply not in use for a few minutes it kicks in)..but also do use the browser to view images fairly regularly.  It's not awesome but pretty functional really for basic viewing.  I point it a a folder of exported JPGs that are all pre-sized to fit 1920 by 1080 - which was intended as a Kodi friendly library that could also handle simple print purposes up to 6 by 4".  That has worked very well over the years (...I do plan to re-export this 'fast library' as 4k files at some point).

All actual photo work, and bigger prints stuff, is done in Lightroom.  But having this easy fast album and kodi means it's easy to do quick slideshows.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi users, do you actually use Kodi to browse your image collection? Experiences ple - by bossanova808 - 2020-01-29, 02:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi users, do you actually use Kodi to browse your image collection? Experiences ple0