Kodi does not play videos
It's on our banned addons (wiki) list due to its history and general untrustworthiness as a result.

Given you've installed something that we do not trust, our recommendation would be to reinstall and start fresh. The issue is with your specific device and it's not a general problem for everyone using the Pi. We aren't going to spend time on a device which has been potentially compromised and corrupted by banned addons (wiki).

And that "guide" is a prime example of the type of parasite website which we intensely dislike, as they're basically just inciting people to use piracy crap (and to try and hide their dodgy actions by punting VPN junk) and generally it just drags our name and brand through the mud. Hence why we want nothing to do with such sites, and do not allow them to be linked from or promoted here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-02-02, 13:05)bholiand Wrote: I really wonder what we are doing here. We have 14 posts now and I did not get a single line of help.
The majority of those 14 posts is about you muttering on what the kodi log file should contain. That's not our doing.
You want our help, we tell you how and why we want that help. It's not something complicated.

(2020-02-02, 13:05)bholiand Wrote: And removing everything from my RPI and do a fresh install is something I can do by myself. But that is not a solution for the problem if we dont even try to find the problem right?
Finding the exact source of the problem can be sped up when they are no diversions around. Already stated: apart from the illegality, 'builds', 'wizards' etc can alter Kodi's inner workings. Like putting in a different motor in your car. Removing those "outside interferences" also helps us pinpoint a problem more precisely. It's a variant on the Sherlock Holmes method. And indeed, we cannot do a fresh install for you.
^^ 

Do a short test and rename the .kodi folder to something else "kodi-backup" or whatever and then reboot. That's like a factory reset. If your movies will work again, then either make your thought if you want to rename that previously renamed folder back to ".kodi" or simply delete that old one, start from scratch, add whatever you would like to add and observe when your issue comes up again. 

In any way....those wizards are never a solution.
(2020-02-02, 13:30)DaVu Wrote: ^^ 

Do a short test and rename the .kodi folder to something else "kodi-backup" or whatever and then reboot. That's like a factory reset. If your movies will work again, then either make your thought if you want to rename that previously renamed folder back to ".kodi" or simply delete that old one, start from scratch, add whatever you would like to add and observe when your issue comes up again. 

In any way....those wizards are never a solution.
Thank you. I have done that and my movies started to work again. I need to reinstall amazon prime and than I will try everything and get back with a new log if something does not work. Anyways I removed the wizard already but with removing the .kodi folder and starting from scratch it should be gone anyways right?
Yes, the swap-out of the .kodi folder will remove everything and start from scratch.

It should also be pointed out that just uninstalling addons doesn't necessarily remove everything. Indeed that can be seen from your original log, as despite having uninstalled the addon it left a script behind which was still running within your Kodi set-up. It's also not unknown for some of them to try and sneak other stuff in (even on occasions malware scripts and similar) or make other changes.

Hence why when we see such a tainted install, it can never be fully trusted without a complete purge such as a reinstall or at least a .kodi folder rebuild.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have a new and clean log for you since my problem is back unfortunately. I have a new and clean kodi running.
I enabled debug log, restarted and tried to start a movie from my local NAS: fakedayiqa.kodi (paste)
I just get an endless loading spinner.
(2020-02-02, 13:24)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-02-02, 13:05)bholiand Wrote: I really wonder what we are doing here. We have 14 posts now and I did not get a single line of help.
The majority of those 14 posts is about you muttering on what the kodi log file should contain. That's not our doing.
You want our help, we tell you how and why we want that help. It's not something complicated.

(2020-02-02, 13:05)bholiand Wrote: And removing everything from my RPI and do a fresh install is something I can do by myself. But that is not a solution for the problem if we dont even try to find the problem right?
Finding the exact source of the problem can be sped up when they are no diversions around. Already stated: apart from the illegality, 'builds', 'wizards' etc can alter Kodi's inner workings. Like putting in a different motor in your car. Removing those "outside interferences" also helps us pinpoint a problem more precisely. It's a variant on the Sherlock Holmes method. And indeed, we cannot do a fresh install for you.

I made this account just to tell you that you are actually an ignorant douchebag and you should try doing something better then giving average people a hard time because they don’t understand everything you do. You haven’t even tried helping you’ve just been bitching. No I don’t know how to fix my problem either and I’m just gonna delete this bullcrap app and if I see anyone else using it I’ll tell them to do it too
(2020-12-22, 13:57)Youratool Wrote: I made this account just to tell you that you are actually an ignorant douchebag
Aww, really... Well, you shouldn't have. Really. Blush

(2020-12-22, 13:57)Youratool Wrote: and you should try doing something better then giving average people a hard time because they don’t understand everything you do.
Better, huh? It is "better THAN", not "better THEN". See, I'm doing better already.

(2020-12-22, 13:57)Youratool Wrote: You haven’t even tried helping you’ve just been bitching.
No sir, I have only tried explaining what Kodi's methods of support are. Apparently (just like the original poster) you are not familiar with our forum rules (wiki). Anything linked to video piracy will result in stopping our support. Also, which part of the "providing full kodi log file" do you not comprehend? It is not uncommon for forum visitors to provide incomplete log files because they want to hide something. Be it personal info or that fact that piracy add-ons are involved.

(2020-12-22, 13:57)Youratool Wrote: No I don’t know how to fix my problem either and I’m just gonna delete this bullcrap app
Well, you are on the Kodi support forum now with your new forum account, so you might as well ask what is wrong with your Kodi setup.

(2020-12-22, 13:57)Youratool Wrote: if I see anyone else using it I’ll tell them to do it too
You will have a long and eventful journey ahead of you. The number of satisfied 'customers' of Kodi runs into the millions...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi does not play videos0