• 13(current)
IPTV Simple now supports Catchup and Timeshifted Catchup in Kodi Matrix
(2020-11-20, 16:14)Atamans Wrote: Everything is the same
if I turn off Archive in gt mini and the data is displayed correctly
the problem only occurs with the Archive enabled

I think I see same problem on Android TV box (Mibox 4, Android 9) using latest beta1 (and previously using alpha3 as well).

When both - catchup and inputstream.ffmpegdirect are enabled I do not see EPG link in player window. Also cannot select from archives (no EPG - no archives). But I can see EPG from main menu and start archives from there. If I disable inputstream.ffmpegdirect - then I can see EPG again in player window.

On Win 10 however with same settings (playlist, EPG) everything is OK.
(2020-11-20, 16:14)Atamans Wrote: Everything is the same
if I turn off Archive in gt mini and the data is displayed correctly
the problem only occurs with the Archive enabled

So on either GT mini it will happen?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
There is only one, the other is x96 max plus
the problem is on the Gt Mini A

I can see that not only I have such a small problem
@shmikis, has the same problem on Mibox 4

I will try to export the logs from both devices and send you to compare,

is the log from components (ffmpeg, guide, tv) enough?

this is a log with archive enabled (not working on Gt Mini-A)

https://paste.kodi.tv/irozoboley.kodi
@Atamans @shmikis are these devices all 32bit that have this issue?

And in all cases as well as the EPG issue the "No information" label is also not hidden when that setting is enabled. Is this setting affected by switching catchup on/off.

I would also like to confirm that this is not playback related. I.e. just having Catchup enabled is enough to cause the EPG to be empty? And conversely, immediately after disabling catchup the EPG data will reappear.
(2020-11-21, 11:12)phunkyfish Wrote: @Atamans @shmikis are these devices all 32bit that have this issue?

And in all cases as well as the EPG issue the "No information" label is also not hidden when that setting is enabled. Is this setting affected by switching catchup on/off.

I would also like to confirm that this is not playback related. I.e. just having Catchup enabled is enough to cause the EPG to be empty? And conversely, immediately after disabling catchup the EPG data will reappear.

In my case it is 32 bit android and kodi.

Not sure about "No information" label. There it should be shown/hidden?

Regarding last question.
In default, initial iptv configuration (without archives enabled) I can see EPG both: in main Kodi TV menu and in player window in live stream mode (looks like calendar icon in default skin).
When I enable catchup and inputstream.ffmpegdirect addon then in live stream mode I do not see EPG icon (or other info - program title, description) in player window. But I can see EPG for all channels if I'm in main Kodi TV menu.
If I disable iputstream.ffmegdirect (but leave catchup enabled) - I can see EPG normaly.

shmikis
@phunkyfish 

Hide \ "No information available \" labels  - This option does not work on both devices
and also on windows

it doesn't matter whether the archive is on or off

the rest the same as in the post above
phunkyfish, did you have time to think on this feature I proposed?
resume playing TV channel - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2961105

I assume it is already too late for Kodi Matrix anyway...
(2020-11-24, 14:31)ultraman Wrote: phunkyfish, did you have time to think on this feature I proposed?
resume playing TV channel - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2961105

I assume it is already too late for Kodi Matrix anyway...

Definitely too late for Matrix. I did play around with this but the issue is with using resume time. You need to know first that it’s valid for archive and would also need to know that it’s seekable. I have not figured out how to know that from core yet.
Then I will have to live with my python implementation until Kodi 20 Wink
Hello,
first of all thank you for all the great work, IPTV catchup capability is great addition in this TV streaming times.
and now the question Smile
My provider has this format for catchup tv : https://tvprovider.com/index.m3u8?seek=2...1202190000&....... etc.
 First number is for start time and second is for end time(start time only is not accepted)
I need a little help with formatting this because the start time is  easy - {Y}{m}{d}{H}{M}{S}, but what do I need to put there for end time, maybe its just me not finding the right syntax, but I read the manual and didn't find a solution. UTC is not an option, please help.
Thank you!
Oh, and I forgot to ask about two also important things.
The provider is using two URL types:

one is for realtime play with timeshift support for the day and looks like : "https://tvprovider.com/TV/index.m3u8?seek=20201202180000-&" ...... etc.
and the other is for tv archive and looks like: "https://tvprovider.com/VOD/index.m3u8?seek=20201202180000-20201202190000&" ...... etc.

I intentionally don't post real URLs or mention the providers name, because it wants us to use either the website or android app, and for that reason I dumped the URLs from the website (they are requested by another type of URL which expires and responds with aforementioned two types of URLs. This response contains the timestamps I'm having trouble with + another encrypted type of info which bonds those URLs to the IP which makes the request and they doesn't expire after - I'm watching them for over a year now)

So ... my first question is - because realtime play also demands "seek" parameter is it too much to ask for support for "Catchup format specifiers" to work with the main TV stream URL, I think in future maybe some other users will find usage with it also
btw for now the main realtime TV stream URL works with older timestamps playing the TV in real time, but if the provider do a little analysis of the requests, I may find myself in a really sad situation Big Grin

The other question is related to daylight savings time change - because both types of returned URLs works with GMT timestamps and then the embedded player of the provider use an offset given in the first URL(which expires after) and calculate the right timestamp for its player. Now I'm using "catchup-correction" but after DST change my provider changes the time offset and I need to change "catchup-correction" in M3U file also, which is not hard, but maybe more elegant way can be used for such case.

Thank you, one more time
Any suggestions and ideas are much appreciated
(2020-12-03, 13:46)batelcho Wrote: Oh, and I forgot to ask about two also important things.
The provider is using two URL types:

one is for realtime play with timeshift support for the day and looks like : "https://tvprovider.com/TV/index.m3u8?seek=20201202180000-&" ...... etc.
and the other is for tv archive and looks like: "https://tvprovider.com/VOD/index.m3u8?seek=20201202180000-20201202190000&" ...... etc.

I intentionally don't post real URLs or mention the providers name, because it wants us to use either the website or android app, and for that reason I dumped the URLs from the website (they are requested by another type of URL which expires and responds with aforementioned two types of URLs. This response contains the timestamps I'm having trouble with + another encrypted type of info which bonds those URLs to the IP which makes the request and they doesn't expire after - I'm watching them for over a year now)

So ... my first question is - because realtime play also demands "seek" parameter is it too much to ask for support for "Catchup format specifiers" to work with the main TV stream URL, I think in future maybe some other users will find usage with it also
btw for now the main realtime TV stream URL works with older timestamps playing the TV in real time, but if the provider do a little analysis of the requests, I may find myself in a really sad situation Big Grin

The other question is related to daylight savings time change - because both types of returned URLs works with GMT timestamps and then the embedded player of the provider use an offset given in the first URL(which expires after) and calculate the right timestamp for its player. Now I'm using "catchup-correction" but after DST change my provider changes the time offset and I need to change "catchup-correction" in M3U file also, which is not hard, but maybe more elegant way can be used for such case.

Thank you, one more time
Any suggestions and ideas are much appreciated
Little correction(because I can't edit my posts yet ) -  I wrote - "Now I'm using catchup-correction .... " earlier, BUT  I'm not using "catchup-correction"  because I cannot use catchup at all without solving the "end time" timestamp syntax problem I have from my first post, but this is my finding about DST
@batelcho 
  1. For your first problem there is currently no support to use Y,m,D,H,M,S for end time. Let me think on how that might be possible.
  2. Regarding using the format specifiers in the realtime URL I'm not sure that will be possible. Can realtime URLs have both start and end time? Or only start time? If this was possible it would mean that the only value that could ever be populated there would be now, i.e. end time etc would be invalid.
  3. On daylight savings time I'm afraid that can't change. There are so many combinations across providers it would mean making it elegant for one user and even more complex for another.
Have you tested your provider using manually constructed URLs in Kodi to prove if this was implemented it would work?
@phunkyfish  Thank you for your fast response.

1. I have an idea about this.  I saw that EPG time format  in my epg.xml is the same as the one in the URLs I use -

"<programme start="20201207132000 +0200" stop="20201207134500 +0200" channel="X">"

even the DST info is there, so the plugin reads that info anyway, maybe you can add Catchup format specifiers like  {epg} {epgend} that use start and end directly from epg. Maybe that way the DTS problem can be solved also - just calculated on the fly, or grabbed if there's any from the program info, but that's not a big deal its just one time in the year - find and replace with text editor , and maybe even soon no more if they cancel it.
 other idea is maybe Ye,me,De,He,Me,Se - with "e" for an end, but I don't know if the calculations are going to be easy doable that way.

2. About the format specifiers in the realtime URL, in all the investigation I made I didn't find a realtime TV URL with both start and end time, but only start with "-" at the end, which is more like a 'request date stamp' than 'video start pointer', because even with time months behind it plays realtime stream. What worries me is that it must be there for a reason.
Why do you think its going to be a problem if URL doesn't support end time. Is it tied to your code someway, because I saw in the examples catchup-source without end time, for example:

"#EXTINF:0 catchup="default" catchup-source="http://path-to-stream/live/catchup-b.ts&cutv={Y}-{m}-{d}T{H}:{M}:{S}" catchup-days="3",Channel B http://path-to-stream/live/channel-b.ts"

Its a user(provider) decision if there is going to be start only or start + end info in the URL, its just needed the plugin to make the conversion from format specifiers to real numbers, am I right ?

And last about the manually constructed URLs question, yes I've tested TV archive with manually edited start & end time in the right format and it works like a charm Smile
So {epgstart} would just be shorthand for 

Code:
{Y}{m}{d}{H}{M}{S}

With {epgend} being similar but using the end time instead. Other than that there would be no difference. Please note that the add-on only stores utc internally (seconds since 1970/1/1). Let me think about which would be better, {Ye}, {me} etc. might be better as it allows more custom combinations.

Regarding the realtime URL you can't have end time simply because it won't exist if for instance you play a channel or switch from the guide. It only exists when you play programme from the guide. Bear in mind this is not a small change at all and there is considerable work involved. A lot of the codebase currently depends on the stream URL being immutable. A change like this would potentially break a lot of things, I'm not sure it's something that should be introduced at beta1 stage if at all.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple now supports Catchup and Timeshifted Catchup in Kodi Matrix1