Does KODI support iPadOS now?
Does KODI support iPadOS now?
I have tried to install KODI-18.5 by XCode on iPadOS 13.3.0.
Failure message: Unable to install "org.xbmc.kodi-ios_18.5-0_iphoneos-arm64"

Provisioning Profile: iOS Team Provisioning: * (...)
Kodi works on my iPad with iPadOS.
Do you have a paid apple dev account?
Do you compile Kodi from scratch or do you try to install the deb file?
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
Looks like you did something wrong when signing the package
(2020-02-03, 18:52)sy6sy2 Wrote: Kodi works on my iPad with iPadOS.
Thanks.
I will check my steps.
(2020-02-03, 18:52)sy6sy2 Wrote: Kodi works on my iPad with iPadOS.

And you used Impactor and repackaged 18.5 from the deb file into an IPA and on ipadOS / iOS 13.3? 13.3.1?  I'm trying to sideload it via impactor and it's not failing, but it's hanging...been running for 25 minutes and it is stuck on verifying application.  I'm using a developer account to sign it.

EDIT: So tried a different AppleID and got past verification, but it then through an error for Failed to find matching arch for 32-bit Mach-O input file
Ok resolved - someone really needs to update the wiki page https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...a_Impactor because it doesn't point out that there are two different .deb files that can be installed and it only links to the  32-bit deb files.  That pretty much burned an hour (or so) of my life I'll never get back Sad

Can confirm it sideloads ok with impactor on 13.3 as long as you use the 64-bit deb to make the .ipa file  (sigh)
(2020-02-05, 04:45)aiko Wrote: Ok resolved - someone really needs to update the wiki page https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...a_Impactor because it doesn't point out that there are two different .deb files that can be installed and it only links to the  32-bit deb files.  That pretty much burned an hour (or so) of my life I'll never get back Sad

Can confirm it sideloads ok with impactor on 13.3 as long as you use the 64-bit deb to make the .ipa file  (sigh)

After many times reboot, I finally succeed with XCode.
(2020-02-05, 04:45)aiko Wrote: Ok resolved - someone really needs to update the wiki page https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...a_Impactor because it doesn't point out that there are two different .deb files that can be installed and it only links to the  32-bit deb files.  That pretty much burned an hour (or so) of my life I'll never get back Sad

I will update this wiki page, thank you for pointing that point to us ;-)
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
(2020-02-03, 18:03)kirbyzhou Wrote: Does KODI support iPadOS now?

Has been working great on my iPad Air2 until this week when I updated to iOS 13.3.1. I use An app signer to verify the .deb file and then XCode to compile a .ipa to install on my iPad. But today it broke. Goes on the iPad fine, but crashes each time on opening. Anyone else seen this.
(2020-02-08, 11:23)Gromit4 Wrote:

Has been working great on my iPad Air2 until this week when I updated to iOS 13.3.1. I use An app signer to verify the .deb file and then XCode to compile a .ipa to install on my iPad. But today it broke. Goes on the iPad fine, but crashes each time on opening. Anyone else seen this.

Yes, check a nearby thread. It's a bug in 13.3.1
(2020-02-08, 16:36)kambala Wrote:
(2020-02-08, 11:23)Gromit4 Wrote:

Yes, check a nearby thread. It's a bug in 13.3.1 
Thank you kambala. I have posted on that thread.
Hello,

I would like to add another, simpler solution that doesnt require JB, Cydia, Impactor, or a Dev Acount. Sideloading. See more: https://sideloadly.io/

The concept isnt new. But this one works. What you need:
  • iTunes Micirosoft Store latest
  • ISO Device
  • Sideloady
  • Kodi IPA (Ensure its the right one for you device)
What you need to do:
  • Enable Wi-Fi Sync in iTunes
  • Disconnect cable and ensure iTunes sees the iPad
  • Start sideloady and make sure it sees your iPad Wifi from a dropdown:
  • You click the area where on the top left (Image with IPA) and find the Kodi IPA
  • As the process starts, it will as you for you apple username. This is for signing the IPA. There will be a 2step auth where you need anothr device to approve and the 6 digit code. 
  • Make sure you keep iTunes running
  • If the IPA is correct to your archtechture. All should go well.
What I like about this... Is its 100% ckean, and basically mimics a dev account signing kodi as a developer. You willl be able to run Kodi perfectly. I have an iPad Pro 11" 2018, and it runs like a charm.

Eventually (3 weeks to a month for me), kodi won't work anymore as the signing has expired. What now? 
  • DONT uninstall/delete/remove Kodi - you will lose you addons, debris etc
  • Simply Follow the exact procedure above and your'e back in action!
Hope this helps.
well, sideloading using free developer account is exactly described in our pinned thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978
I stand corrected. Post reverted.
(2022-03-13, 19:12)andreasrsa Wrote: Eventually (3 weeks to a month for me), kodi won't work anymore as the signing has expired.

apps signed with free developer account expire after 7 days, with paid account - after a year. Not sure where you took the 3-4 weeks range from.

thanks for the instructions, nice to know that there's one more tool for that!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does KODI support iPadOS now?0