• 3(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
Hi, filters are part of the player, that wont be touched, we're only talking about removing any settings that are mirrored in the actual madvr standalone settings / app
Ah, ok cool.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Hi, is anyone else getting the double  play/resume options when playing a movie or is it just me, I dont get it with the standard build though.
(2020-02-08, 19:34)mclingo Wrote: Hi, is anyone else getting the double  play/resume options when playing a movie or is it just me, I dont get it with the standard build though.

I'm not, everything seems good at the minute Smile
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

hi, i might have fixed that but setting default action in media to PLAY instead of INFORMATION
Hi, there is a minor bug with 3D, when you show any menu's while playing the menus flicker, very minor though, put this at the end of your list of things to do Smile
(2020-02-08, 14:16)axbmcuser Wrote: If it's overhead from DSPlayer in this case i can't tell you for sure, but as i remember: yes, i think DSPlayer has some overhead compared to plain MPC for example. But even on demanding high end setups i never experienced a drastic change.
Since you should always have a decent amount of headroom and work with low-render-time-configs, a possible DSPlayer overhead should never be the reason why your render times are really too high. Music 

That makes sense re: DSPlayer overhead. I like to push my configs for each resolution so that they're around 3-5ms under the frame display time (typically 41.7ms), particularly when upscaling. With DSPlayer everything was now in the 41-42ms range and I was dropping 5+ frames a second before dialing things back.

I do have a question though. What's the point of the AC3filter? Do I actually need that if I bitstream 100% of the time? Does it add additional latency or is it being bypassed?
@Mordred

From my personal experience i'd never set up my config so it's that close to dropped frames.
For mentioned 23p (41.7ms max) i max out about at 24ms so that there is _much_ headroom until reaching the sync limit.
But of course everyone can decide for themselves. It's just my personal preference regarding what i want to achieve on my setup.

Regarding AC3Filter: It's purely optional. You don't need it.
Just use the install method without it. (See readme)
I personally use it for custom dynamic range control.
BTW: On my setups i never bitstream audio. I love LPCM. :-)
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2020-02-08, 22:18)axbmcuser Wrote: Regarding AC3Filter: It's purely optional. You don't need it.
Just use the install method without it. (See readme)
I personally use it for custom dynamic range control.
BTW: On my setups i never bitstream audio. I love LPCM. :-)

I have a 7.1.4 setup, so I have to use bitstreaming if I want Atmos or DTS:X information. It's 100% a deal breaker if it doesn't work properly.

Fortunately, I think I've fixed bitstreaming for all formats (had a false positive yesterday).

To begin with, the "without AC3Filter" batch file still actually installs AC3Filter. The two batch files are identical. I'm not sure if this was a culprit for me, but you probably want to not install it to begin with. Just uninstall and registry clean if you ran this and didn't want AC3Filter. I also can't guarantee the rest of this guide works with AC3Filter installed.

First, go into LavFilters_x64 directory and run the Open LAV Audio Configuration.bat. Check all formats your receiver supports. This may not matter, but it can't hurt. Almost all other settings can be played with if you need to, however you MUST check the Enable System Tray Icon checkbox. You'll see why later.

Secondly, open Kodi. Go to Settings >> Player >> DSPlayer, make sure Audio Renderer is set to Internal Audio Renderer (Sanear). Set the Device to your receiver. For me that was DENON-AVRHD (NVIDIA High Definition Audio).
Enable Exclusive Mode, Allow Bitstreaming, and Ignore System Channel Mixer.

Play a movie. There's a good chance bitstreaming is still not working... if you think it is, make sure you check both Dolby Digital/Atmos and DTS files. Bitstreaming worked almost immediately for ac3/DD+/Atmos, but didn't for DTS(any flavor). If all formats are bitstreaming you win! Stop reading.

If not everything your receiver supports is bitstreaming you still have work to do. You can ignore the "Allow Passthrough" on Kodi's Audio and Subtitle settings menu of the video player. It seems to be completely ignored. While the movie is playing hit the windows Key or something to bring up the task bar. Open the system tray and click on the blue LAV Audio Decoder icon to bring up the properties. Your bitstreaming formats may be unchecked again. Re-check them all. You can enable "Fallback to PCM if bitstreaming" is not supported, but I can't verify if that works properly. Apply and Close the properties.

Stop your playing movie. Restart your movie. Bitstreaming should now be working.
Hi, just noticed you cant tweak MADVR processing and stuff from KODI menus at all, this was actually really useful if you wanted to compare processing while the movie was playing, I think this is a problem, if its a case of all or nothing then maybe the MADVR settings should come back, i often change banding artifact removal per movie depeding on how badly compressed a particular movie is, this is much easier via KODI menus
Is there anyway to get Shaders to work? I added the greyscale shader to the default media rule through the UI, and it looks like it's being completely ignored (i.e. nothing is greyscale). It's very possible I'm doing something wrong.

I also manually added the greyscale shader to the first entry in mediasconfig_internal.xml and it appeared to be ignored there as well.
@mclingo 

Agreed.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
good morning everyone and sorry for my ignorance, in DSplayer I have always updated the LAV (internal) filters replacing the old ones with the new ones, I find it easier than applying external filters.
So if I replace the internal LAV filters and update them with new ones, will I find any problems?
Short answer - no.
(2020-02-09, 11:46)oldpainless Wrote: Short answer - no.

oldpainless, did you answer my question? so no problem updating the internal filters with the new versions! OK thanks!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8