• 45(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
(2020-03-29, 17:31)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 16:22)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 15:35)Rijs43 Wrote: I can image people do not like it, but would be great to have as an option.. I prefer to watch the trailer first before watching a movie.. especially as widgets labels do not show the release years or ratings.. please have a look at the widget labels of AuraMod skin and hopefully you will consider this also as I want to keep this Skin definately Smile

Open the information dialog, and all of that stuff is in there. 

It is not about having all options but to make it as easy as possible to navigate through libraries.. entering the info page,play trailer, exit, navigate to next movie, enter info page, play trailer, exit etc is much more clicks than selecting a movie in widget and play and see trailer on same page in my opinion.. a big company like Netflix would not do this if this was not working in libraries.😉 

I think it's high time people slow down on trying to emulate Netflix. After having used pretty much every major streaming service... they all have pros and cons, and there's no reason for Kodi (an application that is fundamentally different from a streaming service) to try and replicate them faithfully. Certain features are obviously nice to have, and I can recognize that different people have different tastes, but "auto trailers" is a distinctly Netflix paradigm that I haven't seen anywhere else.
There's some add-ons where we get "no information" when using hub widgets with the landscape aspect.
The screenshot below is a hub widget I've set up using the Viaplay add-on.

Besides changing the widget aspect, is there any way we could get a similar result to what I've illustrated below?
(in this exact use case, square aspect cuts of a lot of the artwork/images, so I've tried to avoid using it)

(2020-03-29, 18:27)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 16:22)drinfernoo Wrote: Open the information dialog, and all of that stuff is in there. 

It is not about having all options but to make it as easy as possible to navigate through libraries.. entering the info page,play trailer, exit, navigate to next movie, enter info page, play trailer, exit etc is much more clicks than selecting a movie in widget and play and see trailer on same page in my opinion.. a big company like Netflix would not do this if this was not working in libraries.😉 

I think it's high time people slow down on trying to emulate Netflix. After having used pretty much every major streaming service... they all have pros and cons, and there's no reason for Kodi (an application that is fundamentally different from a streaming service) to try and replicate them faithfully. Certain features are obviously nice to have, and I can recognize that different people have different tastes, but "auto trailers" is a distinctly Netflix paradigm that I haven't seen anywhere else.

It's just a useless feature.. It would just make kodi run slower
When using the ITV Player addon the view is set as Poster view with no Text information, making it very difficult to navigate:

I appreciate that this is probably due to how the addon is written, it is a very old addon after all. However in the addon settings there is an option to define the Viewtype for Season/Episodes etc but these have no effect when using AH, in other skins it would default according to the viewtype setting. I've tried 55 for list view, 53 & 54 for Season/Episode but to no avail. Is there any way around this or do we just have to live with it?
(2020-03-29, 16:22)drinfernoo Wrote: Open the information dialog, and all of that stuff is in there. 

I agree that auto play trailers will be too clunky in Kodi since it pulls the trailers from Youtube addon. However I think the Trailer button would be a welcome option on the home screen widgets though, just like it shows in the rest of the skin.
Question, do this skin support the new Artist slideshow yet? Wondering if the error is my fault or if the skin isnt supporting it yet.
Hi.
Would be possible add a "Wide" aspect for widget items like artic.zephyr.2 without bottom text label?
I've modded current version adding a "Wide mode" in widget aspect but i don't know anything about skinning kodi.
I copied the Banner aspect and i've changed the reference to new wide aspect.

(2020-03-29, 21:17)atomizasser Wrote: Hi.
Would be possible add a "Wide" aspect for widget items like artic.zephyr.2 without bottom text label?
I've modded current version adding a "Wide mode" in widget aspect but i don't know anything about skinning kodi.
I copied the Banner aspect and i've changed the reference to new wide aspect.

He's said many times that he won't be adding a "wide" or "large" landscape aspect.
(2020-03-29, 21:14)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 17:31)Rijs43 Wrote: It is not about having all options but to make it as easy as possible to navigate through libraries.. entering the info page,play trailer, exit, navigate to next movie, enter info page, play trailer, exit etc is much more clicks than selecting a movie in widget and play and see trailer on same page in my opinion.. a big company like Netflix would not do this if this was not working in libraries.😉  

I agree that auto play trailers will be too clunky in Kodi since it pulls the trailers from Youtube addon. However I think the Trailer button would be a welcome option on the home screen widgets though, just like it shows in the rest of the skin.

There aren't any buttons shown on the homescreen anywhere in the skin... except the side menu, if you consider those buttons.
(2020-03-29, 21:25)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 21:14)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 18:27)drinfernoo Wrote: I think it's high time people slow down on trying to emulate Netflix. After having used pretty much every major streaming service... they all have pros and cons, and there's no reason for Kodi (an application that is fundamentally different from a streaming service) to try and replicate them faithfully. Certain features are obviously nice to have, and I can recognize that different people have different tastes, but "auto trailers" is a distinctly Netflix paradigm that I haven't seen anywhere else. 

There aren't any buttons shown on the homescreen anywhere in the skin... except the side menu, if you consider those buttons. 

Yes, i know. Thats why i said "The rest of the skin" where the views show the trailer button.
(2020-03-29, 21:35)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 21:25)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 21:14)jdig4240 Wrote: I agree that auto play trailers will be too clunky in Kodi since it pulls the trailers from Youtube addon. However I think the Trailer button would be a welcome option on the home screen widgets though, just like it shows in the rest of the skin. 

Yes, i know. Thats why i said "The rest of the skin" where the views show the trailer button.

I realize that. The point I was trying to make is that there would be no appropriate place for a button like that on the homescreen.

EDIT: @jurialmunkey, what about having buttons like the library views, but on the "spotlight" widget?
(2020-03-29, 21:37)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 21:35)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 21:25)drinfernoo Wrote: There aren't any buttons shown on the homescreen anywhere in the skin... except the side menu, if you consider those buttons. 

I realize that. The point I was trying to make is that there would be no appropriate place for a button like that on the homescreen.   

Now that im thinking about it, your right, how would you click up to get to a trailer button when its supposed to move through the widgets. I understand that wouldnt make any sense, thanks.

Amazon kinda does it on homepage carousel (you can turn it off) and its darned annoying
(2020-03-29, 11:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: @hoppel118 - That is a separate window - the "Submenu Hub".

To access it, you need to set the action of a main menu item to open the Submenu Hub

Select Action

Then go to the "Common" actions
You have three choices for a submenu action
Submenu popup, submenu hub and showcase hub.

If you set "Submenu PopUp", you will get this dialog when you click the menu item.
The items in the dialog are the submenu items

If you set "Submenu Hub", you will get this window when you click the menu item.
The buttons are your submenu items. The widget is the "Hub Widget".
You can set hub widgets for each submenu item, or one for the whole menu.

If you set "Showcase Hub", you will get this window when you click the menu item.
The background widget is the hub widget for the main menu item.
The middle row of buttons are your submenu items.
The widgets underneath are the hub widgets set to each submenu item.

The other option is that you can set the submenu as a widget itself.
It is in Default Widgets > Submenu

If you do that you get it as a widget on the main screen:

Thank you! I like the submenu hub. Wink
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2020-03-29, 15:30)jurialmunkey Wrote: No. I did try with clearlogos previously but I didn't like how it looked - plus felt a little redundant seeing as the title is already on screen (whereas clearart also has artwork).

Ok, so atm there's no way to disable clearart?
In the meantime for your great job on this skin 😁
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7