WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2020-11-20, 16:04)pstrg Wrote: Character/string substitution syntax for file renaming

If a TITLE string contains an illegal character, EMM automatically changes it when renaming the corresponding files - for instance, ":" is changed to " - ".
I would like to change the automatic behavior by means of a conversion table in which strings with illegal file/folder characters would be changed according to its entries.
I guess this may be done by editing Edit > Settings > Movies > Folder/File Name Filters but could not really understand its regex based syntax; in fact, tried to tinker with it but EMM freezes when I add anything to the list... each time have to end task and restart EMM.

What's the proper syntax of each entry in order to change <stringA> into <stringB>?

You can use $?<stringA>?<stringB>? to exchange characters manually. You have to set it to the end of the pattern (otherwise only the part before the flag will be handled), also you can use multiple flags (will be executed from left to right), e.g.:

Code:
$T$?:? +?

Movie title: Die Hard: With a Vengeance
Result: Die Hard + With a Vengeance

Code:
$T$?:?+?$?a?999?

Movie title: Die Hard: With a Vengeance
Result: Die H999rd+ With 999 Venge999nce

EDIT: and it's not regex

Messages In This Thread
Miscellaneous > Media List Editor - by pstrg - 2020-06-09, 02:38
MovieSets - by pstrg - 2020-06-11, 22:01
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.5.x - Download & Discussion Thread - by DanCooper - 2020-11-20, 17:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2