WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2021-01-10, 23:14)DanCooper Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 14:53)OnlineO Wrote: Isn't that just delaying everything?
Maybe a little bit. But if you work local or in a LAN it should a such a big impact. I mean most of the files are less than 1 MB.

(2021-01-10, 14:53)OnlineO Wrote: is it really necessary to rewrite everything when we just scan for one specific item?
Yes and no. The reason for this is that Ember is capable to use/set more than one file name for e.g an poster. If you work with e.g. poster.jpg and <filename>-poster.jpg the images could be different (if settings were changed afterwards, for example and other reasons that are complicated to explain). Ember and Kodi prefer a different filename than Plex. That means it could be that different images are displayed if the images are not the same. To solve the problem, all images are always rewritten when saving. This ensures that all files of an image type have the same content (also NFOs and trailers). Currently I have no option built in that only changed objects are saved again. These triggers are missing and will not be available until Ember 3.0. Currently, EVERYTHING is saved each time you edit / scrape. As I said, this is very stupid for users who make backups, since all files always change, even if nothing has actually changed. But as I said, this will be better solved in Ember 3.0.

Thanks for clearing that up :-)
Makes sense.
btw. I was recognizing this during a scan of a couple of 100 movies for just a clearlogo and wondered why doing clearlogo searching Ember triggered all those writes :-)
Thanks again!
O.

Messages In This Thread
Miscellaneous > Media List Editor - by pstrg - 2020-06-09, 02:38
MovieSets - by pstrg - 2020-06-11, 22:01
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread - by OnlineO - 2021-01-11, 14:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2