WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2021-04-02, 09:31)Nwalker Wrote: Hello friends, I have a Kodi file organization question that I'd like to get your input on. I have some movies that have 2 version. One version is 1080/SDR and another is 4K/HDR. How would you organize the files within Kodi and with Ember Media Manager? Does Ember Media Manager's auto rename module support such a setup? Thanks.

I learnt long ago putting everything in a single folder in Kodi is doomed to disaster for any number of reasons, your example being one of them.

This probably isn't the most efficient but it works for me. I separate my movies into rough genre subdirectories and I have one dedicated to 4k. I then set up playlists based on a path limit (so playlist called 4k is "Path must contain //movies/4k" and then I create a custom submenu in Aeon Nox which uses that playlist as the root directory for that menu.

IF your entire collection is flagged with tags/genre's you agree with then you can do it using them instead but years of collecting movies and there's only so many Sci Fi films you can accept in "Romance" because the lead has a 5 minute slap and tickle with the co-star and some moron adds a "Romance" genre tag to the film on IMDB/TMDB.

G

Messages In This Thread
Miscellaneous > Media List Editor - by pstrg - 2020-06-09, 02:38
MovieSets - by pstrg - 2020-06-11, 22:01
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread - by xxGBHxx - 2021-04-02, 17:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2