Why are there different plugin types?
I am not entirely familiar with coding for Kodi, but i was recently told that an addon is not an addon, but pvr is different.
What exactly makes this necessary?
I would assume that you a plugin supplies a stream, a library of possible videos, some categories, and what kind of actions you can do, fast forward, jump back in the movie, sync the watched  state with the media provider , permission to record the video, and play it back and the programmes epg if available.

Where are the differences and why?
PVR addons are binary, whereas most other addons are not (written in Python and XML mainly).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Do they also really differ in what they can do or is it just about the coding language and being compiled ?
(2020-03-01, 21:47)kuluba Wrote: Do they also really differ in what they can do or is it just about the coding language and being compiled ?

I think the PVR addons are tightly integrated with the Live TV capabilities in Kodi, whereas plugins generally provide media as listitems that display in videos or music window.  Plugins also can manipulate the now-playing video and music playlists.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why are there different plugin types?0