Accessing playlists via path subs
What's wrong that's causing playlists not to play on Kodi CoreELEC when they play just fine on Kodi Mac?
On Mac 10.13.6, I exported all my iTunes playlists as .m3u files, added them to ~Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata, and added the following path substitution to advancedsettings.xml.
Playlists all play just fine.
I copied playists and advancedsettings.xml to appropriate locations on Kodi CoreELEC with changes required for use with other external HDD, but playlists won't work like they do on Kodi Mac.
In Kodi on Odroid N2 CoreELEC, I'm using backup of MacDOCS HDD named 1.MacDOCS, and have changed MacDOCS in playlists to 1.MacDOCS, and changed MacDOCS in pathsubstitution in advancedsettings.xml to 1.MacDOCS.
Someone suggested it might be a Unix issue with Mac generated xml file, but Kodi on CoreELEC imports library.xml just fine, and loads all Mac generated m3u playlists just fine with all tracks in playlist visible. 
But when I press play, instead of getting scanning progress bar like on Kodi Mac, I get spinning wheel and names of tracks in upper right of screen changing incredibly fast as if Kodi CoreELEC is scanning them, racing through alll of them. Then process stops, no more track names changing upper right, and nothing; track doesn't play.
Pressing play again does nothing but repeat process of spinning progress wheel/scan, flashing track names, and no play.

<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://profile/playlists/music/</from> <---This line is the Kodi default playlist path/directory, "special" replaces a long user related path)
            <to>smb://MacDOCS/Music/</to> <----This line "maps" the line above to my NAS path for my m3u files from media monkey
        </substitute>
        <substitute>
            <from>\\MacDOCS\Music\</from> <----this line is the path to each song contained within the m3u files, relative vs.absolute path
            <to>smb://MacDOCS/Music/</to> <---this line maps the line above to the Kodi friendly path of my NAS song directories
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>

Messages In This Thread
Accessing playlists via path subs - by ds_tx - 2020-03-01, 15:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing playlists via path subs0