Accessing playlists via path subs
Sigh.  You don't have a NAS. You have an external USB drive.  There is absolutely NO network protocol involved with an external drive like that so smb:// will never work as what you are telling Kodi there is to fetch the files from an SMB server somewhere on your network called 1.MacDOCS that is sharing a directory called Music.   But, as you've now stated this is just an external drive then there is no smb server to fetch the files from.

Those path subs you have posted point to an smb server, not an external drive.  The two things are completely different.

Here's a suggestion for you.  As you have added the drive as a source and can already play music from it, drop your path subs for the moment from your advancedsettings file.  Make one playlist with Kodi that uses some music from the drive. Save it.  Verify it plays. Open it in some text editor and see what the paths are.  Either create some path subs to remap directories based on those paths you see, or edit your playlists to reflect the correct paths.

Although, everything you have said in this thread (which is meant to be a feature request, not a help thread on how to do something) is totally confusing.

(2020-03-03, 20:35)ds_tx Wrote: It's strictly an external drive attached to the N2, just as I strictly have an externaldrive attached to my Mac.
No file sharing involved.

Yet you also say

(2020-03-04, 00:15)ds_tx Wrote:   <to>smb://1.MacDOCS/Music/</to> <----This line "maps" the line above to my NAS path for my m3u files from media monkey

What NAS ? And why have you got a file sharing protocol in there when you have said "No file sharing involved" ?

So, as I can't make head or tail of what actual equipment you have and how exactly it's connected because you seem to change your mind every three posts, then I'm afraid I can no longer offer you any help. Good luck with getting it sorted though.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Messages In This Thread
Accessing playlists via path subs - by ds_tx - 2020-03-01, 15:29
RE: Easier music playlist making or importing - by black_eagle - 2020-03-04, 09:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing playlists via path subs0