Accessing playlists via path subs
(2020-03-04, 12:07)jjd-uk Wrote: This has got way off topic for the original thread and this kind of support should not be in Feature Requests forum, so I have moved to Music forum.

I provided what I thought was a relevant thread title, ds_tx you modify this if you wish by editing the first post.
Understandable, and thanks. Just wish you'd let me know that before I clicked on link in email from black_eagle's latest reply only to find thread evaporated.
This is all terribly confusing and frustrating enough without more added confusion.
Please have Kodi team review this thread.
What's going on here may not technically be a 'Feature Request', but it sure is a cry for fixing functionality and making Kodi GUI user friendly.
Currently, Kodi's seems to be only for Codies (programmers), and I bet even a lot of them have problems.
There should not be so much difference between how things work with Mac app vs. CoreELEC app
The instructions in Kodi wiki for creating normal playlist are for default skin Confluence!!!! not Estuary, and I cannot find context menus for Confluence in Estuary
Estuary, not Confluence, is the default skin for Kodi v 18. 
If context menus and default skins change from one version to next, then wiki need to be updated.
Those kinds of changes just add confusion.
Keep context menus same from one skin to another, or update wiki appropriately.
I find the whole interface for creating music playlists to be convoluted,
and greatly wish Kodi team would review that for user friendliness with users who are NOT DIY Codies who get their kicks troubleshooting and tinkering with code.
If a kid can't figure out how to create music playlist in Kodi by playing around with interface, then it's not very friendly.

Messages In This Thread
Accessing playlists via path subs - by ds_tx - 2020-03-01, 15:29
RE: Accessing playlists via path subs - by ds_tx - 2020-03-04, 18:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing playlists via path subs0