Android How do you uninstall ALL Embuary skin components?
Running KODI 18 (Leia).
I installed and accepted all the recommended Kodi changes however after uninstalling have noticed there are still components left behind that have the Uninstall option greyed out, for example the Embuary GUI sounds component.

What is the recommended way of completely uninstalling ALL Embuary skin components?
(This may sound trivial but I don't like leaving unneeded components on my system as they take up storage space and CPU if left running in the background)
Thanks Nigel
script.embuary.helper
script.embuary.info

But both are used in other skins as well. Embuary is very lightweight and has no ton of dependencies.

The UI sounds are just a few KB. Uninstall Embuary and then remove it from the addon browser.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
RE: "But both are used in other skins"
Do you know what skins?
Because I installed many of the default Kodi skins but didn't notice the Embuary add-ons (script.embuary.helper, script.embuary.info) until after I installed the Embuary skin.
(2020-03-17, 01:44)Codifi Wrote: RE: "But both are used in other skins"
Do you know what skins?
Because I installed many of the default Kodi skins but didn't notice the Embuary add-ons (script.embuary.helper, script.embuary.info) until after I installed the Embuary skin.

In any skin go to Settings, System, Add-ons, Manage dependencies.
There you can see if you have orphaned dependencies and uninstall them.
Then go to Settings, System, Add-ons, Running.
There you can see the services you have installed (including Embuary info and helper) and uninstall them.
If Kodi doesn't let you uninstall a service or a dependency it tells you why, which add-ons are using them.
You can see exactly there which skins you have installed are using Embuary info and helper (when you try to uninstall them Kodi will let you know).
If you uninstall these add-ons Kodi will allow you to uninstall the services and dependencies it didn't allow you to uninstalll before.
(2020-03-17, 01:44)Codifi Wrote: RE: "But both are used in other skins"
Do you know what skins?
Some skins using script.embuary.helper or script.embuary.info are Ace 2, Aeon Nox: SiLVO, Aeon Tajo, Amber, Arctic Zephyr: Leia-MOD and Rapier, but they're optional, so these skins can work without these addons installed, but if they're installed then more functionality is showed.
Thanks sualfred, olympus & patzzz very helpful info - much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you uninstall ALL Embuary skin components?0