RPi4 + libreelec 9.2.1 + Kodi 18.6 - videos have weird colors / interlace
dear kodi (power-)users,

I'm looking forward to use Kodi and the Sandmann79-Amazon-VOD-Plugin on my newly bought Rpi4B. Everythings working fine but many videos from AddOns, which are using the InputStream Adaptive are showing a type of overlay with horizontal red/green/blue lines:

HDMI-Setup:
The Rpi is connected via an UGreen HDMI Adapter and an Hama HighSpeed HDMI Cable with Ethernet to an old HDready Panasonic TH-37PX8ESA - TV.

The interface and a few videos from Netflix/Amazon are looking good, but the majority of the videos are showing up like in the screenshot above.

I tested the Rpi4 on another Dell-FullHD-Monitor (with the same HDMI cable) and a Samsung 1680x1050-Monitor (with the same HDMI adapter, but another HDMI to DVI cable) with the same results (in every case, I tested every of the two HDMI outputs on the Rpi4).

Please find a Kodi-Debug Log here at pastebin.

Grateful for every help Smile

thanks and good health!
If you are trying to watch HDR videos, the RPi4B/LibreELEC combo isn't ready for that yet.
(2020-03-25, 17:53)Bert62 Wrote: dear kodi (power-)users,

I'm looking forward to use Kodi and the Sandmann79-Amazon-VOD-Plugin on my newly bought Rpi4B. Everythings working fine but many videos from AddOns, which are using the InputStream Adaptive are showing a type of overlay with horizontal red/green/blue lines:

HDMI-Setup:
The Rpi is connected via an UGreen HDMI Adapter and an Hama HighSpeed HDMI Cable with Ethernet to an old HDready Panasonic TH-37PX8ESA - TV.

The interface and a few videos from Netflix/Amazon are looking good, but the majority of the videos are showing up like in the screenshot above.

I tested the Rpi4 on another Dell-FullHD-Monitor (with the same HDMI cable) and a Samsung 1680x1050-Monitor (with the same HDMI adapter, but another HDMI to DVI cable) with the same results (in every case, I tested every of the two HDMI outputs on the Rpi4).

thanks and good health!

I have the same trouble and I thought I was alone!! So thanks for sharing
My configuration is RPi4 raspbian, Kodi 18.6, all Inputstream Adaptive and AmazonVod addons updated. 
The issue affects many AmazonVod movies and it might be due to how the player renders the video stream.
I just noticed that 960x520 is nice, while 920x556, 720x576,720x480 seem not to work.
I have no clue if the root cause is from the encoding, or HDR or other settings or feature to be adjusted somewhere.
Please help
(2020-04-12, 11:34)teiafra Wrote:
(2020-03-25, 17:53)Bert62 Wrote: dear kodi (power-)users,

HDMI-Setup:

thanks and good health!

I have the same trouble and I thought I was alone!! So thanks for sharing
My configuration is RPi4 raspbian, Kodi 18.6, all Inputstream Adaptive and AmazonVod addons updated. 
The issue affects many AmazonVod movies and it might be due to how the player renders the video stream.
I just noticed that 960x520 is nice, while 920x556, 720x576,720x480 seem not to work.
I have no clue if the root cause is from the encoding, or HDR or other settings or feature to be adjusted somewhere.
Please help 
I’m having the same problem! Seems to be the same setup for me. Futurama and various other TV programmes work fine, but Angel Has Fallen is that weird mix of monochrome and green. Having watched it through the laptop into the TV, I’m wondering if it’s my Raspberry Pi box telling me to have not bothered watching such an awful film? 

I’ve tried a couple of other random things and mostly they’re fine, but Lee Evans: Access All Arenas stand up show is doing it. I’m not sure if it’s specific resolutions? I can’t really tell, because the information on the menu screen when I select the video isn’t correct (they all seem to say 2.0 audio when some are definitely in 5.1).
I loop here another thread that seems to cope with the same trouble
green purple colors

They say that we need to wait Kodi 19 upgrade
(2020-04-15, 21:13)teiafra Wrote: I loop here another thread that seems to cope with the same trouble
green purple colors

They say that we need to wait Kodi 19 upgrade

Thanks for finding that. I’ll hang tight for version 19 then!
Hi,I got the same problem on a Pi 4 this week and got it worked out, at least for TNG, by setting in expert, enable VP9 profiles. Haven't tested anything though. LE 9.2.6
Cheers
(2020-12-31, 00:17)Takezo36 Wrote: Hi,I got the same problem on a Pi 4 this week and got it worked out, at least for TNG, by setting in expert, enable VP9 profiles. Haven't tested anything though. LE 9.2.6
Cheers

Thank you very much for this suggestion! It worked like a charm :-)
Sorry, can you let me know where in the settings (in expert mode), I can enable VP9?
(2022-09-24, 02:04)ktg69 Wrote: Sorry, can you let me know where in the settings (in expert mode), I can enable VP9?
It will be in the netflix addon settings.

But this is a workaround rather than a fix. The issue described here doesn't occur in kodi matrix/libreelec 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi4 + libreelec 9.2.1 + Kodi 18.6 - videos have weird colors / interlace0