v18 TV show library has suddenly stopped adding to the library
I've been running Kodi 18.1 on an Amazon Fire TV box for a while now with no problems. I've been adding TV shows to the library, watching them, and everything has worked perfectly well.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that a new season I'd added for a show my son watches had not properly added to the library. When I open the series in the TV Show menu, all the previous seasons were listed but not the new one. They were listed in recently added, with the correct metadata. Weirdly, after a few days, they showed up.

A week ago I tried adding new episodes for a different TV show. The same thing happened only this time, the shows have not shown up after a few days. To try to fix it I've rebooted the amazon box, removed the source, cleaned the library and added the source back in. When that didn't work I did a 'clean start' using Ares and rebuilt the library from scratch. Kodi has failed to parse the metadata and no series show up. Now, nothing shows up in recently added either. The only evidence that I've added the shows is that in the Studios category on the TV shows screen, one of the studios is listed. If I click on the studio though, there are no shows in there. That's odd, because if there aren't any shows, how is there a directory, right?

I'm not sure what to do next. If rebuilding the library didn't fix it, what could have gone wrong?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
@philljones

Ares is banned from this forum, which means you are ineligible for support here.

Please read Forum Rules and our example list of Banned Add-ons (wiki).

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
My Signature
Links to : Forum rules (wiki) | Banned_Add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)  
Links to : HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-25, 23:08)Karellen Wrote: @philljones

Ares is banned from this forum, which means you are ineligible for support here.

Please read Forum Rules and our example list of Banned Add-ons (wiki).

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

I'm sorry I didn't realise. I have to say, it's surprising that an add-on for optimising and clearing cache's is banned. 

I don't know how to submit logs, or if that's even possible when it's installed on an Amazon Fire TV box. I can remove Ares so I can try and fix this, but not sure how to prove I did so.

I do have a suggestion. Perhaps you could try being more welcoming of new members of the communty.
(2020-03-26, 10:56)philljones Wrote: I do have a suggestion. Perhaps you could try being more welcoming of new members of the communty.
Sure. Even when you breach our forum rules? Even when you download addons from 3rd party sources, then come to us to help you fix the mess they make of your system?

But on a lighter note, the Debug Log is the only way that we can start helping you. Without it, your post will go nowhere. So clean your system, read the guide and submit the log, then we have somewhere to start.

In the meantime have a read here... 336969 (thread) but we still need that clean log for further assistance.
My Signature
Links to : Forum rules (wiki) | Banned_Add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)  
Links to : HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-26, 10:56)philljones Wrote: I do have a suggestion. Perhaps you could try being more welcoming of new members of the communty.

Maybe if new members more often did us the courtesy of actually read the forum rules (wiki) that they are explicitly shown and have to agree to and confirm they will abide by when they sign up here? Those include our piracy policy (wiki), which covers junk like you has installed? We have a zero tolerance to piracy here.

And whilst Ares might provide some small tools, the main reason it was created was solely to provide illegally sourced media to those who want to steal media by obtaining paid stuff for free. Just because it may offer some small sections that are useful does not excuse the major reason why it is a banned addon (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki) Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

My Blog Posts
Oh, I see. You're not aware that the original version of Ares was discontinued. It was pivoted to be a tool to adjust settings like cache size and access log files. I have it because those are features that Kodi doesn't have out of the box and it's the only way I found to do things like that on Amazon Fire. 

I don't think it messed up my system. Having had it installed for about a year with no problems, whatever changed wasn't that.

Is there another way to access log files when kodi is installed on a system like Amazon Fire, which has no access to the underlying operating system, and no support for SSH or similar, other than using Ares?
(2020-03-27, 15:42)philljones Wrote: Is there another way to access log files

There is a Kodi Log Uploader add-on in the Kodi repository.
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
Actually we are aware. But there are two points:

1) There are too many people who still have the old version infecting their system.

2) Stuff which screws around with caches and things like that often do more harm than good, and in the wrong hands can royally screw up systems. We don't generally approve of those either.

Anyway as noted there is already a log uploader addon in the official repo which is designed to allow viewing and/or uploading of the logs easily for any device, including those with limited access like Android devices and TVs.
|Banned add-ons (wiki) Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

My Blog Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show library has suddenly stopped adding to the library00
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.