• 31(current)
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2021-06-27, 20:55)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 17:15)Tobby Wrote:
(2021-06-27, 15:52)drinfernoo Wrote: If the service doesn't run at boot, the content of the widget won't have "been told to" change, so a library update won't update the widget.

Also, that would not work for people that don't run a library update on boot, anyways.

I'll mull this over.

Okay, I see. Do you think it's the service or just the refresh that disturbs the library scan? I had AutoWidget set to refresh pretty often so it's hard for me to tell.

Also thank you for the add-on. It's really great and having widgets updating automatically takes Kodi one step closer to working like a streaming service. Appreciate your help.

Well, I would guess that it's the library update that happens during normal operation if the service.

I don't know that I can really see any way around it Undecided

Thanks anyway. At least now I know why it happens and what to do about it.
Great news everyone! As of 3.2.2, AutoWidget is now "fully" localized for Arabic, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, French, Italian, and Dutch!

Anybody that finds goofs in the translations is free to open a pull request on GitHub, but they should be relatively solid Wink

EDIT: And in 3.2.3, Portugese!
Hi, I tried AutoWidget in Titan Bingie skin and I'm using it for my trakt.tv lists. I have two lists on trakt. One for movies and one for tv shows. If I add movie or show from app in phone or from website it will immediately show in my plugin trakt.tv menu. Same if I delete it. Problem is that this changes won't show in widget. Even if I will force refresh/reload or wait 20 minutes to automatic refresh. The list of the show will remain the same till I will make a new group and add widget again.

I don't know where could be a problem. I spent many hours of testing and I can't get it to work.

Just for clarification, i have two groups, one for movies, one for shows and I'm displaying it like two widgets in home page.

Thanks for any advice.
(2021-07-11, 02:30)Freestylerak Wrote: Hi, I tried AutoWidget in Titan Bingie skin and I'm using it for my trakt.tv lists. I have two lists on trakt. One for movies and one for tv shows. If I add movie or show from app in phone or from website it will immediately show in my plugin trakt.tv menu. Same if I delete it. Problem is that this changes won't show in widget. Even if I will force refresh/reload or wait 20 minutes to automatic refresh. The list of the show will remain the same till I will make a new group and add widget again.

I don't know where could be a problem. I spent many hours of testing and I can't get it to work.

Just for clarification, i have two groups, one for movies, one for shows and I'm displaying it like two widgets in home page.

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT: If I clear cache the list will synchronize correctly, but it will take 30 sec, immediately after cleaning it's not synchronized.
(2021-07-11, 11:57)Freestylerak Wrote:
(2021-07-11, 02:30)Freestylerak Wrote: Hi, I tried AutoWidget in Titan Bingie skin and I'm using it for my trakt.tv lists. I have two lists on trakt. One for movies and one for tv shows. If I add movie or show from app in phone or from website it will immediately show in my plugin trakt.tv menu. Same if I delete it. Problem is that this changes won't show in widget. Even if I will force refresh/reload or wait 20 minutes to automatic refresh. The list of the show will remain the same till I will make a new group and add widget again.

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT: If I clear cache the list will synchronize correctly, but it will take 30 sec, immediately after cleaning it's not synchronized.

Sounds like whatever add-on you are using for the lists isn't updating fast enough. AutoWidget just shows whatever it's given.
(2021-07-11, 14:07)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-07-11, 11:57)Freestylerak Wrote:

Thanks for any advice.

Sounds like whatever add-on you are using for the lists isn't updating fast enough. AutoWidget just shows whatever it's given.

That's not correct, like I said in previous post in add-on are any changes matter of seconds, but AutoWidget is stuck till I clear cache or delete and make new group.
(2021-07-11, 15:14)Freestylerak Wrote:
(2021-07-11, 14:07)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-07-11, 11:57)Freestylerak Wrote: EDIT: If I clear cache the list will synchronize correctly, but it will take 30 sec, immediately after cleaning it's not synchronized.

That's not correct, like I said in previous post in add-on are any changes matter of seconds, but AutoWidget is stuck till I clear cache or delete and make new group.

AutoWidget should clear its own cache for each widget every five minutes or so... So I'm not quite sure what could be going wrong here. With regards to clearing the cache taking an extra 30 seconds to reflect the change, I think this is likely that an update hasn't been requested by AutoWidget in that time, but if there is no cache, it should update as soon as another is requested. This might be from reloading skin, forcing an AutoWidget refresh, or from the normal service operation.
(2020-08-12, 06:44)jdig4240 Wrote: Sick of me yet??
Ok, next question/feature request. As im using AW more, Im creating many submenu shortcuts to the AW shortcut groups Ive created. Question is is it possible to set a content type for AW itself? I see AW identifies itself as "Files". This restricts some viewtypes that i would like to use for my Shortcut groups in AW. Maybe a possibility to set the content type of of each shortcut group separately with the edit group option?? Or even just an option in AW addon  settings itself to set the Content type of AW shortcut groups?? This way I could utilize more viewtypes for my shortcut groups. I would think its possible as SF has this option. Thanks.

I've just implemented this in the develop versions, so it will be coming whenever 3.3.0 drops Big Grin
Alright, everyone! I've just released 3.3.0, which adds a host of "convenience" features, mainly...

For starters, we can new create new groups and duplicate groups, from the "My Groups" menu. When doing so, you're greeted with a menu to choose which paths you want to copy into the new group. A similar selector is now also used when pointing a Cycling Widget, so you can choose which paths should be cycled through for that particular widget. For those of you who use the "Settings -> Clear Cache" option somewhat frequently, there is now a duplicate action at "Tools -> Clear Cache", so that you could point a skin shortcut to it, or add it to a Shortcut Group.

I've also added a very simple "error state" widget, that could be shown if there is ever an error when loading the widget. This is not very well tested, but has shown up for me a number of times in development, when I goofed things up... so it is working as intended Wink

On the topic of widgets, I've now also added two new options to the context menu on widgets. In addition to the "Force Refresh Widgets" option being added to the context menu on AutoWidget iteslf (back in January, but I think I forgot to say anything), you can now refresh an individual widget by choosing "Refresh Widget" on its context menu. You can also "Clear Cache" for a widget from the same menu, in order to make sure the displayed items are up-to-date with whatever data they should be showing.

In addition to this stuff, I've tried to support a bit more library stuff in this release, including adding support for cast thumbnails on items (this works for plugin paths too) in Kodi 20, support for country/genre/studio artwork packs (which can be chosen in Settings), and more accurate paths when opening library content from widgets.

Aside from all the new features, a good amount of work went into refactoring the directory creation process, so everything should be a tiny bit faster and more efficient, as well as hopefully more accurate with regards to item metadata and function Big Grin Keen eyes will also notice that I've removed the dependency on Kodi Six, and while that is a relatively common dependency that many users will need to have installed anyways, it knocks our footprint down just a little bit as well.

As always, enjoy, and if you find bugs for me, go ahead and report them at https://www.github.com/drinfernoo/plugin...et/issues/!
Hey Im having trouble getting paged widgets to show up. I have multiple types of auto widgets setup but I'm not seeing the next page feature on any of them. Im currently on matrix using titan binge but was previously on auramod and got it to work on one of the widgets
(2021-07-21, 16:03)bigchop Wrote: Hey Im having trouble getting paged widgets to show up. I have multiple types of auto widgets setup but I'm not seeing the next page feature on any of them. Im currently on matrix using titan binge but was previously on auramod and got it to work on one of the widgets

While that's not a lot of information to go on, there are a few things that need to be set up correctly:

1. The path you're adding to AutoWidget must have a "Next Page" item at the end.
2. Some add-ons need a setting like "next page items on widgets" to be enabled, like TMDbHelper.
3. The item limit for the widget must be high enough to show all the items in the path, including the "Next Page" item.

That's pretty much it Wink

EDIT: If you need to change an add-on setting (as per #2) to get the "Next Page" item to show for your add-on of choice, and you've already had an AutoWidget pointed there, that isn't showing that item already, you probably just need to clear the cache for that widget. You can do this by opening the context menu on any item in the widget, and choosing "Clear Cache".
(2021-06-23, 20:27)Tobby Wrote: Hello. 

Wanted to let you know that I've found an issue with AutoWidget. It works great however it for some reasons cripples the scraping if it occurs at the same time as the widget refresh. Wasn't a big deal until I decided to rescrape my entire library and it only scraped for 10-20 minutes befoe it stopped. Looking through the log files I saw a common denominator in AutoWidget and when I deactivated it the issue stopped.

I made a thread about it in general support since I thought it was a problem with the scraper functionality in Kodi rather than your add-on, but since I got no response there I still wanted to let you know. There's a partial log file as well if you're curious.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363165
Could you try out a specific version for me? Specifically, I'm hoping you can try out version 0.0.1396 from the devrepo. That version has a mechanism that I think will simply cancel AutoWidget's UpdateLibrary call (which is used to "trick" the widgets into updating) if the library is being updated already at the time. I don't think this will cause any issues with AutoWidget, as once the current scan is complete, AutoWidget should reload its widgets, the same way it would have if it had initiated the scan itself.

If you'd give that version a try and let me know how it works for you, I'd really appreciate it!
(2021-07-24, 05:12)drinfernoo Wrote:

Wanted to let you know that I've found an issue with AutoWidget. It works great however it for some reasons cripples the scraping if it occurs at the same time as the widget refresh. Wasn't a big deal until I decided to rescrape my entire library and it only scraped for 10-20 minutes befoe it stopped. Looking through the log files I saw a common denominator in AutoWidget and when I deactivated it the issue stopped.

I made a thread about it in general support since I thought it was a problem with the scraper functionality in Kodi rather than your add-on, but since I got no response there I still wanted to let you know. There's a partial log file as well if you're curious.
Could you try out a specific version for me? Specifically, I'm hoping you can try out version 0.0.1396 from the devrepo. That version has a mechanism that I think will simply cancel AutoWidget's UpdateLibrary call (which is used to "trick" the widgets into updating) if the library is being updated already at the time. I don't think this will cause any issues with AutoWidget, as once the current scan is complete, AutoWidget should reload its widgets, the same way it would have if it had initiated the scan itself.

If you'd give that version a try and let me know how it works for you, I'd really appreciate it!

I've gone ahead and merged this fix, as well as some others, in 3.3.7 Big Grin
Quick question if I have a group of say 10 widget paths and 4 widgets on my skin all set to that same group is there any way to prevent duplicate widget paths from being used? For example my first and second widget may end up choosing the same path from the group.
(2021-07-27, 01:42)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-07-24, 05:12)drinfernoo Wrote:

I've gone ahead and merged this fix, as well as some others, in 3.3.7 Big Grin

I'm terribly sorry I didn't respond. Haven't been at the forum for a few weeks, so I missed your message. Gonna have to fix my email settings. I will try it out and thank you in advance!

EDIT: After a quick restart and automatic scrape at startup it seems to work perfectly. Thank you.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1