[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2021-05-10, 09:49)jojobro Wrote: I was wondering if there was any way to set a "timer" to when autowidget cycles?

I would like to set up multiple holliday(ish) smartplaylists, like christmas, halloween, new years, valentines day, 420, etc and then have them switch according to the date. idk how it would work with having a widget display old content inbetween those hollidays cuz autohiding a widget isn't a thing. but I guess it could switch back to an already set up default widget, so that holiday content is only displayed during an acceptable time frame like let's say a week or month or day. 

as far as i can see autowidget pretty much just arbitrarily cycles it's content.

this would also help out another idea i wanted to try out which was making smart playlists around actors and their content and then having those cycle biweekly. so a (semi)fresh list of content is always displayed, that's not just based on more general content grouping like movie set or similiar to.

is that something that's even possible? any part of what I said lol

if not, the obvious other option is to just manually add/remove/switch the widget whenever a holiday comes up.
but the actor idea seems way more tedious to do manually.

thanks

It would be neat to have lists show during certain times only, but I haven't ever thought of that! You could open a feature request on GitHub, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement in the end, anyways.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion for next version - by justin150 - 2021-03-08, 13:37
RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - by drinfernoo - 2021-05-12, 05:18
Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 05:33
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 07:11
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 16:10
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 16:51
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 23:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1