[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2021-06-24, 00:23)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-06-23, 20:27)Tobby Wrote: Hello. 

Wanted to let you know that I've found an issue with AutoWidget. It works great however it for some reasons cripples the scraping if it occurs at the same time as the widget refresh. Wasn't a big deal until I decided to rescrape my entire library and it only scraped for 10-20 minutes befoe it stopped. Looking through the log files I saw a common denominator in AutoWidget and when I deactivated it the issue stopped.

I made a thread about it in general support since I thought it was a problem with the scraper functionality in Kodi rather than your add-on, but since I got no response there I still wanted to let you know. There's a partial log file as well if you're curious.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363165
That log isn't very helpful, as mentioned, but I can tell you now that there's not much I can do about it. Part of how AutoWidget works is that it has to do a "fake" library update in order for widgets to know that they have new content. Without this update, widgets would only change whenever you rebooted Kodi.

AutoWidget runs its service every 15 minutes, but by default, only refreshes widgets every 2 hours, if you modify active widgets, or change pages in a paged widget. I worked very hard to reduce the number of updates necessary for proper functioning as much as  I could, but there still have to be some of them.

I would recommend doing exactly what you've done: disable AutoWidget until your full library is done scraping.

Well that explains it. That's fine, really. It's not like I rescrape my library every day, so it's not much of a hassle. I was really scratching my head before I found the reason behind the issue though.

However I assume you're doing a refresh when Kodi starts and that interrupts the library scan on startup before it's finished. Would it be possible to skip the refresh on startup if I have library scan set to run at startup anyway? Either with a toggle in the add-on settings, by reading the toggle to scan on startup or not running the refresh while already scraping. Not a dev, so I don't really know which of the options is within the scope of possibility. I would be grateful of you considered it though.

Also I can try getting a better log file from startup if you, or @scott967 are interested.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion for next version - by justin150 - 2021-03-08, 13:37
RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - by Tobby - 2021-06-25, 13:46
Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 05:33
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 07:11
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 16:10
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 16:51
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 23:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1