[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2021-06-26, 22:38)Tobby Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 21:26)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 13:46)Tobby Wrote: Well that explains it. That's fine, really. It's not like I rescrape my library every day, so it's not much of a hassle. I was really scratching my head before I found the reason behind the issue though.

However I assume you're doing a refresh when Kodi starts and that interrupts the library scan on startup before it's finished. Would it be possible to skip the refresh on startup if I have library scan set to run at startup anyway? Either with a toggle in the add-on settings, by reading the toggle to scan on startup or not running the refresh while already scraping. Not a dev, so I don't really know which of the options is within the scope of possibility. I would be grateful of you considered it though.

Also I can try getting a better log file from startup if you, or @scott967 are interested.

The drawback to not having them refresh on boot would be that if a widget is scheduled to refresh at boot, it won't refresh until the service runs again, a minimum of 15 minutes later. I feel that this would detract from the dynamism of the add-on... However, unless your entire library is being scraped at every boot (probably unnecessary), there shouldn't be too big of a problem there.

Wouldn't they refresh at startup anyway since my library is scanned?

No obviously I don't rescrape my entire library at every start up, but still the library scan gets interrupted before it has had time to look through the first disk, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the library scan on startup toggle enabled at all.

If the service doesn't run at boot, the content of the widget won't have "been told to" change, so a library update won't update the widget.

Also, that would not work for people that don't run a library update on boot, anyways.

I'll mull this over.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion for next version - by justin150 - 2021-03-08, 13:37
RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - by drinfernoo - 2021-06-27, 15:52
Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 05:33
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 07:11
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 16:10
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 16:51
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 23:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1