[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
After some reading around and watching the official videos I managed to set up on my windows PC, latest Kodi Matrix, AutoWidget with the Arctic Horizon Skin and the TMDHelper Addon.
- I've added with the help of TMDBHelper my movies watchilist, a tv show watchilist, as well as a few other personal lists - to a "widget group" in autowidget
- added the skin, went into "settings" - customize home menu - movies - "widgets-home" - and I started added entries there, one at a time, each one pointing to a different widget I previously saved at the point above
Questions :
- is there any easier way to "expand" the group I've saved the widgets to ? Currently I've saved like...20 types of widgets, and it get tiresome to add them one at a time, just for testing. I'd like to point to group1, and whatever I add to it, to auto initialize - of sorts...
- addition to the question above - any way to auto name the label based on the widget target ? I saw the code snippet in one of the videos to target it like so, I was wondering if there is an easier option ? Sometimes the name comes through sometimes it does not.
- and last, but actually the most important. Windows-side, the 3-4 widgets I've added for testing load (very) fast on startup. I close Kodi, I open it up, almost instantaneous regen. I've replicated the setup on my nvidia shield. It take upwards to a MINUTE of spinning until the widgets start appearing one at a time. As a test, I've used the official backup addon so backup my windows setup, and restore it on a freshly installed kodi on the shield. Same behaviour, the load times are upwards to a minute, while instant on the PC. Not sure what I am doing wrong or what to adjust. AND on top of that if they generate, then kill off and restart kodi, they start loading again. I thought AutoWidget caches these locally so you'd have a decrease in load times. Any way to have a faster startup time ? 
Anyone else with experience that would like to chime in ?
Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion for next version - by justin150 - 2021-03-08, 13:37
Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 05:33
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 07:11
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 16:10
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 16:51
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 23:19
RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - by cojoMan - 2022-01-25, 01:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1