AdoptOpenJDK Only
Hi @mlaggner 
Just playing about with Java (Covid-19 lock down - BORED!!)
I've tried using the local version of the AdoptOpenJDK without Java itself being installed and the only thing I get is a prompt saying it requires Java then directs to the Java download page.
Is it possible to run TMM without Java installed and only using the local java_vm directory?
Not yet, because the launcher itself needs Java [emoji43] but the good thing is that we're working on a tmm version which provides its own Java and there is no need to have a Java installed any more (but this still needs some time because we still have to work right now...)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
You might be successful by setting the JAVA_HOME environment variable to your java root folder.
Should be picked up even by the updater...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thumbs Up 
(2020-03-30, 19:59)myron Wrote: You might be successful by setting the JAVA_HOME environment variable to your java root folder.
Should be picked up even by the updater...
Perfect now Smile
And for those wondering:
  1. Right click the sart icon > 'System'
  2. Choose 'System info'
  3. Advanced system settings (left side)
  4. [Environment Variables] button
  5. [New...] System Variable (the one at the bottom)
  6. JAVA_Home in the top box
  7. PathToTMM/Java-vm folder
  8. [OK] [OK] [OK]
  9. Run TMM
Done!
(2020-03-30, 17:56)mlaggner Wrote: we're working on a tmm version which provides its own Java and there is no need to have a Java installed any more (but this still needs some time because we still have to work right now...)
Hello, @mlaggner!  That is great news. Then I can finally start using tmm on computers where I don't have the permission to install Java. I have this one mac from work that would be perfect for this.
Do you have any idea when we can expect this bundled version (roughly) so I know when to check back? Thank you.
I hope we get that finished within this summer.

Just follow our news for v4 to be released
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AdoptOpenJDK Only0