Linux Standalone kodi web interface
Hello,

I was pleasantly surprised to notice that I can play movies/tvshows/music from the web interface.

I'm running kodi on Raspbian RP3 connecting to MariaDB and sharing my medias with samba, all latest stable versions, running perfectly.

To be able to access the web interface the kodi application has to be running from what I've understood.

Is there a way to have only the web interface running? I mean the web interface running under apache connecting to the db accessing the files through samba without the cpu hungry (for a rp3) kodi process?

If not, otherwise is there a way to run kodi headless?

devilish2o  Devil
My understanding is that Kodi doesn't run headless...could be wrong though [emoji2373]

so.if you want the Kodi web interface you need a running instance of Kodi.
This thread might help.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212061
(2020-04-04, 19:24)devilish2o Wrote: Is there a way to have only the web interface running? I mean the web interface running under apache connecting to the db accessing the files through samba without the cpu hungry (for a rp3) kodi process?

I guess you could possibly get the web interface running under apache, but I'm not sure there is any value in that.  If Kodi itself isn't running then there is no jsonrpc for the interface to connect with and nothing to play any files.  Kodi is designed with a 'ten foot' interface in mind and although I understand why rendering a GUI that you aren't using seems pretty pointless, an rPi3 is perfectly capable of doing so, especially with some of the more 'lightweight' skins available.

Rather than using the web interface though, you might want to look into using something like kore (wiki).  There are other remotes available too, both for Android and iOS.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Standalone kodi web interface0