• 116(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2019-09-05, 23:34)Tarot15 Wrote: So, it's been about two weeks since this Addon has been inaccessible.

I'm running Kodi off a Raspberry Pi through Retropi. It keeps telling me that there is a youtube error and to check the log, but i cant see any log being created. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know as it's been really hampering my quiet time at home.

thanks,

Debug Log (wiki)
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
After month of seamless use, yesterday suddenly the YT plug-in has stopped starting any video. With any videos it says (upper right corner): YouTube / No streams found sometimes with a splash screen: Playback failed: One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this messege. OK
I can see the channels, videos etc., even the index pictures of the videos. After a clean reinstall the problem remained the same: none of the videos can be started.
I use a Raspberry Pi 3, Libreelec (9.0.1/18.1 but upgraded to 9.1.002/18.3 in hope it will solve the problem, same result), tried three or four different YT plug-in version, 6.5.1 and 6.5.2-beta1 included.
Here is my debug log: https://pastebin.com/eGiSQF3R

Thanks in advance for any kind of imformation or idea, what am I try next!
Same here - some videos play and some won't. Some even crash Kodi - shutting it off (Window 10 desktop). I'm running YT addon 6.5.2 ~ beta1

It was working perfectly yesterday
(2018-01-01, 19:15)anxdpanic Wrote: There is currently no way in the add-on directly. This could be achieved by browser extension, remote app, or strm in the meantime. For strm create a .strm file with a single line;
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=<video_id>
replace <video_id> with the actual video id.   
Hi,  I found this code for unlisted videos, but where to put this .strm file?
I'm using kody18.3 on K1+ android7 .
I will try to add this line to the favorites.

** Yes it is working, I edit the favorites.xml file.
but maybe .strm file is better, where is it?
(2019-09-06, 20:35)macmelon Wrote: After month of seamless use, yesterday suddenly the YT plug-in has stopped starting any video. With any videos it says (upper right corner): YouTube / No streams found sometimes with a splash screen: Playback failed: One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this messege. OK
I can see the channels, videos etc., even the index pictures of the videos. After a clean reinstall the problem remained the same: none of the videos can be started.
I use a Raspberry Pi 3, Libreelec (9.0.1/18.1 but upgraded to 9.1.002/18.3 in hope it will solve the problem, same result), tried three or four different YT plug-in version, 6.5.1 and 6.5.2-beta1 included.

Same here, and I get the same errors as you in debug log.  Everything plays OK when I'm signed out, and live streams still play when I'm signed in.  I'm in UK, in case it's something to do with location.  Running v6.5.1 of the add-on, OSMC Matrix beta 18.8-82 on RPi3B+ (I know, beta OSMC, but the Youtube videos broke separately from the beta updates).

Have tried changing the stream selection options in the add-in (turning off MPEG-DASH, setting video quality to always ask, turning inputstream-adaptive on/off), it doesn't seem to make any difference.  And as said, signing-out of Youtube seems to make all videos play as expected.
(2019-09-07, 13:05)andy_in_worthing Wrote:
(2019-09-06, 20:35)macmelon Wrote: After month of seamless use, yesterday suddenly the YT plug-in has stopped starting any video. With any videos it says (upper right corner): YouTube / No streams found sometimes with a splash screen: Playback failed: One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this messege. OK

Same here, and I get the same errors as you in debug log.  Everything plays OK when I'm signed out, and live streams still play when I'm signed in.  I'm in UK, in case it's something to do with location.  Running v6.5.1 of the add-on, OSMC Matrix beta 18.8-82 on RPi3B+ (I know, beta OSMC, but the Youtube videos broke separately from the beta updates).

Have tried changing the stream selection options in the add-in (turning off MPEG-DASH, setting video quality to always ask, turning inputstream-adaptive on/off), it doesn't seem to make any difference.  And as said, signing-out of Youtube seems to make all videos play as expected. 

Is there already a solution to the problem?
I’ve been having odd issues with videos just not starting,says waiting sometimes for a minute or 2, sometimes it crashes the system or just freezes. Any help would be appreciated.
Some videos do this while others do not. I seem to have particular trouble with videos on 1320video
The latest video is this
https://youtu.be/eQSMgfPtDLc

If it actually starts to play it will stop mid way usually around 17-18 minute mark and then I can’t restart the video
Can someone explain to me why 4K 3840x2160 HDR content (HDR Channel) plays flawlessly on Roku's Youtube app, but is choppy on the Kodi's Youtube 6.5.1 app with InputStream Adaptive 2.3.22 enabled ?
Kodi: 21.0 Omega  Skin: Confluence 5.0.3
(2019-09-11, 04:53)EdT586 Wrote: Can someone explain to me why 4K 3840x2160 HDR content (HDR Channel) plays flawlessly on Roku's Youtube app, but is choppy on the Kodi's Youtube 6.5.1 app with InputStream Adaptive 2.3.22 enabled ?

I realy don't know but maybe because Roku is a paid service and kodi is all volunteers.
On what platform you run kodi?
Bug 
Translator:
Movies from my channel do not work when I enable MPEG-DASH > InputStream Adaptive for video.

RPi3, LibrELEC 8.5.2, Kodi 17.6, YouTube 6.5.1
(2019-09-11, 08:13)asik1 Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 04:53)EdT586 Wrote: Can someone explain to me why 4K 3840x2160 HDR content (HDR Channel) plays flawlessly on Roku's Youtube app, but is choppy on the Kodi's Youtube 6.5.1 app with InputStream Adaptive 2.3.22 enabled ?

I realy don't know but maybe because Roku is a paid service and kodi is all volunteers.
On what platform you run kodi? 

Just the Roku that is built into my HDTV and the Youtube service is free.  I finally understand why there is a huge following for Roku now ...the thing runs buttery smooth and effortlessly.
Does the Roku Youtube app run through Roku's servers with better bandwidth is that maybe why ?
YouTube just disabled all 3rd party apps from viewing videos

https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/issues/2615

Mine yesterday was working fine, but today i have that same problem, No Streams found.
(2019-09-11, 17:28)V8MEM Wrote: YouTube just disabled all 3rd party apps from viewing videos

https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/issues/2615

They changed the formatting it seems on what is expected as valid responses. I wouldn't call this disabled though, they just broke the addon code with their new code it seems.

Here is a bit more info on it:

https://github.com/fent/node-ytdl-core/issues/486

Let's hope someone is able to fix the addon accordingly Smile
AMD Ryzen 5 2700 | Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX | Geforce RTX 2060 
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS | Kernel 6.1 | Nvidia blob drivers | Kodi v20
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18